Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1901 Barber Quarter With Colorful Toning For Grading Please

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 630Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
887 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  3:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm still waiting on the arrival of this 1901 Barber quarter. Seller's photos. It was popped from a 1960s Whitman's deluxe album. Let me know what you think of it ....and give it a grade

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15887 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to say proof until I saw the hits on reverse shield . Detecting minute wear on both sides , AU-58+ .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
4146 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22772 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking AU-58.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle_Eye to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That toning is gorgeous!
I wish I had an overlay for Barber quarters.
Something raised on the middle of the neck and at the back of the neck.
It definitely looks raised based off that picture.

Thanks for sharing.

EE
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60873 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at AU-58 as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5624 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it will make the mint state cut. If there is rub on the high points and/or in the fields it's not at all obvious. Toning looks original and adds eye appeal. The hits on the shield are the most serious negatives and would limit the grade. I'd go MS-63 on this one, maybe with a star to reflect the very nice appeal.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very attractive toning on this one!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3340 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at MS-62. I like the toning, but it's hard to tell from the photos whether the dark toning around the date is approaching terminal toning.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2962 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8353 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  03:20 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 could be a MS62 if the rotation under a bright lamp reveals no wear on the high points.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10555 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the toning looks like its advancing as noted by zurie. my first thought was MS. I'm at MS62 maybe 63
Pillar of the Community
United States
1009 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au55. My first thought was old cleaning and retoned. I guess I'm alone here but not a fan of this one.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Valued Member
United States
255 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin. I am going to say AU55 as the images do show some wear on the obverse and fields. This coin would look good raw in a type set album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1548 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58. Lovely original surfaces, beautiful eye appeal. I love it!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 630Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05