Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 D Roosevelt Dime Missing Cladding On Both Sides

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 316Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  11:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tbills941 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone I am just getting back into collecting and I came across this strange dime. I would like to know if missing cladding is indeed what is going on or not. I am also interested in the potential value if it is missing cladding. Thanks guys and gals it's good to be back in the game!

Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just corrosion. Looks like it's been underground for a while.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9251 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  03:13 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Typical metal detector find.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40906 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and I agree.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tbills941 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys I appreciate you letting me know!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Environmental damage.
Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
6868 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Environmental toning/tarnishing. I agree with the above, probably a metal detector find from being buried in soil for a while.
ça va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53533 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The clue for me is that on the highest devices on the coin, the color is already turning back to normal. A sure sign that it is not a missing clad.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05