Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Kirin Dragon Dollar 1902 And 50 Cent Same Period Silver

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 561Next Topic
Page: of 2

Romania
5 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  07:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ket17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!

Can you please help me? I got an offer of 7000$ for the Dollar and 1200$ for the 50cent; should I take the offer? or should I grade them and put them in auction? I saw that some coins go up as 100K, 50k, 15k but also 3k. I dont see any difference between them... can you help me with an opinion?

Thanks a lot.

I am thinking that there is a catch in telling the coin value not only of its grade but for its rarity; if I was offered 7k it means that it should be more, right?

Edited by Ket17
08/01/2021 2:17 pm
Valued Member
496 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We need sharper picture and weight.

If they're real you should grade them but be aware that sometimes graders can't even tell !

If you are unsure of authenticity and someone offers 7k, tell them they are buying at their own risk and if they still pay, take the money and run

Important question is where did you get them ?
Edited by Numister
08/01/2021 07:47 am
Learn More...
United States
20557 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From @Ket17:

Quote:
thanks for the answer, that is the max quality on 300kb, I inherited from my grandfather, an artist, travelled the world.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
496 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pictures = Taking pictures with brighter light and closer sharper focus on each coin, its nothing to do with the 300kb limit.

If you can't even do that for a 7k coin then no point in really asking is there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There has to be better pics.
Romania
5 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ket17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
better pics added
Valued Member
496 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The details don't match to the NGC pics: https://www.NGCcoin.com/price-guide...duid-1288868

I'd have to say fake.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3375 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are many varieties known for them. What are the weight of them and can you please post a photo of the edge?
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What worry's me is the rims changing height. I am hoping it is not one but it could be a transferred die fake.
Romania
5 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ket17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I checked your link from NGC, the details are 100%, my coin is identic to the one on NGC, you probably compared the 50Cent one, I have 2 coins on this post.
Valued Member
496 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where's your link ? Or show us side by side pictures.
Edited by Numister
08/02/2021 04:32 am
Romania
5 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ket17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
numister, you have the pictures of the coins, and the link, you can open them in 2 separate tabs, the coin weighs 26g, I will add tonight pictures of the side; if you read my first post you will see that I dont have doubts about the coin being fake or not, I know it is good; I am not sure about the value it could reach in an auction!
Valued Member
496 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are so many differences when compared to your coin and NGC pictures, the denticles, lettering are all different.

Maybe you can't read Chinese so you can't tell, but it looks different. Gxseries mentioned there are varieties, it's possible but we'll need to compare images.
Learn More...
United States
103630 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3375 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have my reservation - you are dealing with potentially very expensive coins and I think it's fair to say that many people do have their concerns and more obviously out of their expertise. At the moment I am not confident to say that they are genuine from the information provided. Yes, I heard lots of stories that it is from their grandparent collection etc but that should not be used as part of judgement.

The real problem is not about maximizing the value of the coins but how to sell it. Sure you might look at the auction prices and some might have sold for very high amount. However there are likely to be auction house fees, grading fees, shipping fees, import / export tax etc and then payment transaction fees.

The problem does not just end there - there's no way to say that if you are doing this by private that you might end up getting ripped off. Some nasty experience that I had were a couple of buyers from China claiming that they have not received the items despite shipping by registered mail. Needless to say I had to refund them at my loss.

If it is indeed proven to be genuine (which I hope to be), I wish you all the best luck. Perhaps it may not hurt to hold onto them - Chinese coin prices have been climbing up and yours is in excellent condition.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
496 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No harm spending some money to get them graded if you are confident.

You'd never know, I have sent Sinkiang coins in with lettering that looks different from compared pictures and they got graded.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 561Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05