Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1991-D LMC For Your Consideration

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 320Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  4:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Howdy, been a while since I've done one of these.

Recently I was fortunate enough to secure a box of pennies and engage in a good old fashioned hunt. It was one of my more puzzling, unusual boxes, with just 10 copper (not wheat, copper) cents out of the whole 2,500. Miraculously, of those 10, 3 managed to be wheaties, and among those was a 1910 (albeit in terrible shape). Everything else was only as old as 1983 and zinc 82s. The other more noteworthy find of the hunt was this 1991-D.

At first glance I thought it was an uncirculated strike, and frankly I still don't know, but it certainly has no right to have such a nice finish. I won't grade it as it needs to be MS68 to justify. and it isn't that, but I feel it's at least a 66, so 2x2 worthy for sure. I dunno, what do y'all think?
Edited by BrandaBob
08/01/2021 4:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5379 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, 2x2 worthy or a solid hole filler. I'm thinking a strong MS65.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60931 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two scratches in right obverse field and one in lower left obverse hold this to 63RD, imo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ms65+RD
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hit on the outer rim, enough to square it off somewhat...some hits and ticks in the fields...some chatter on the lapel? I'm at ms62rd
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't even notice that outter rim ding, bummer. Guess that immediately makes it details or 63 at best. Ah well, still a hole upgrade for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5379 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I flat missed the rim ding. I'll settle for MS62. Still good for hole filling.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17136 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10565 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64RD I think that rim will pull a details designation
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22772 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of marks, MS-64RD
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 320Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05