Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 $2 Bill With Double Triples.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 401Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  11:14 pm Show Profile   Check OriginalAtog's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add OriginalAtog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got a 1995 $2 bill here with an interesting serial. What do you think of it? Mostly the serial I mean. Its a little beat up with some folds, but it still a little bit crisp.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4137 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spend.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3313 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I read the title, my first thought was maybe a MLB reference. Then I remembered this is a paper money forum. If you like it, keep it, but Double Triples is hype term used by sellers on Planet eBay for a note with nothing else going for it.
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  06:07 am  Show Profile   Check OriginalAtog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add OriginalAtog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hahah, Thanks! I know its not a super fancy serial. But it does look cool. And I though Double Triple would sound silly and cool for it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3313 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  07:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know its not a super fancy serial.

Not only is not super fancy, it's not fancy.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60623 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a spender, agree.
Learn More...
United States
103630 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like 5's and 8's. I graduated from university in '91. I would keep it until I needed to spend $2 on something.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Joynt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you in keeping it unless you absolutely needed $2 for something critical.

I think the 555 888 is cool, I would keep it being a techno geek and the reference to a 555 timer chip makes it something I would defiantly keep.

I have a few bicentennials $2 notes, I think some have sequential serial numbers I forget, but I don't even care what they are worth, they have value in the fact I like them and therefore my appreciation for them gives them incredible value to me.

In other words, you may not give me $10,000,000 but that is about what it would take for me to give these up.
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Check OriginalAtog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add OriginalAtog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! I know its only worth $2 but it is worth more to me keeping it instead of spending it.

Not everything I will collect in this hobby is worth more than face value. But keeping things you find interesting and neat is what makes the collecting fun!
Edited by OriginalAtog
08/04/2021 8:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
103630 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes! I know its only worth $2 but it is worth more to me keeping it instead of spending it.

Quote:
Not everything I will collect in this hobby is worth more than face value. But keeping things you find interesting and neat is what makes the collecting fun!
Amen!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05