Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Buying Coins Online?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 533Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
100 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  7:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PNWHiker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Where do yall buy coins online if at all? I just found cointraderonline.com. I'm hesitant about them. Any experience with them? Worth buying the grab bag?
Learn More...
United States
20531 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Worth buying the grab bag?

I don't know anything about this seller, but looks like at least some folks were happy with their findings. If they sent the absolute lowest quality and quantity of each item, then I'd have a hard time adding everything up to $120:

Quote:
1 Proof Set (Random year - 5+ Coins)
1 Mint Set (Random year - 10+ Coins)
1 Slabbed Coin (Selected at Random)
5+ Silver coins or collectibles with each being a different design or denomination
2+ Vintage United States Bills
7+ Non-silver United States collector coins in AG+ condition
1 Roll of Wheat Pennies (Truly Unsearched Rolls - 50 Pennies)
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15842 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never heard of them but that doesn't mean they are bad .The most important thing to me when buying online is I must see close up photos of the coin in question . Also if the company has costumer reviews . Buyer beware wherever you thread .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWHiker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where would yall suggest shopping online? I want somewhere that has grab bags. I love the idea of the mystery of not knowing what I'll get. Especially since I can never decided on a single coin or denomination
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd love to hear a well. Online shopping is quite a crapshoot, but I still think it's fun to get the mystery bags. They are always searched, don't kid yourself, but it's a fun way to try to fill in non key date holes in your collection if the price is right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
grab bags are usually to move stale product you can't sell by itself. I'd steer clear of any grab bag type thing, much better off using your money to buy the one thing that you are sure you want than to gamble on an assortment of things you might not of wanted.

Also I looked at the website, everything in the picture about this package is common and not worth the $120.... and dead center in the picture is a MS65 1879 S Morgan dollar,, I'd guess around a $200 coin.... Because of that it's got "bait" written all over it in my opinion. and highly unlikely you get a $200 coin for $120. that's not how it works unless he's stiffing a bunch of folks to give a jackpot to someone....
like his silver dime grab bag is $49.99 for 10 dimes, each dime has a melt of around $1.90ish maybe. so selling $20 in silver for $50 with a gamble.... I get it the bullion dealers are around $27 for $1 face value of silver dimes.....that price is high also though, this guy is just adding another $20 on it. 10 wheat pennies for $10.00.... REALLY?
I wouldn't personally do it.

just my 2 cents.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
08/05/2021 10:30 am
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWHiker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate it! I hadn't looked that much into this sites details yet. Their link just happened to pop up on my fb.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pennyweight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always check the BBB on any site or business just to be informed going in.
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Big Kingdom. I tend to see a lot more fake Morgans than anything else.

To be clear, I never spend much on the grab bags. I'm usually spending less than $10 on rolls of wheat pennies to open with the grandkids and I'm fully aware that they are overpriced and I won't recover the cost, but it's worth the fun they get out of it for me. When I want anything of value, I go into the LCS and pay an appropriate price for a handpicked coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 533Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05