Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P Small Date Zinc 2.5 Gms

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 203Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
159 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well folks it was 1982 day. I had a collection (9 out of 3 bankrolls) mostly normal stuff and two zinc(2.5 gms) with one having unusal artifacts. Both the ubverse and reverse looked weak on the one presented here, either die deteration or some early strike problem the mint was having with zinc planchet.
Looking at the obverse I found something looking like the infamous ring of death, except it was under the script of liberty, humm normally it looks like a scrape placed there by a coin rapping container where the coin was at the end of a bank roll. Then there is the O stain at the end of a short faint cylinder to the right of Lincoln.
The reverse has two die cracks from the left and right of the second roof of the memorial to the rim. Ok fairly looking faults I agree except the strike is weak looking at the top and buttom of the coin. I am wondering if this was early in striking zinc planchets. Have fun and let me know your thoughts. Sorry for the length of the post. Regards.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3316 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 203Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05