Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 DDO FS 101 Found In A Bucket Of Culls

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 446Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
390 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  9:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I've been going thru a bucket of Culls and came across what looks to be a cleaned (Old or New) unmistakable 1936 DDO FS 101. I guess I'm wondering how much value this has left to it as it looks cleaned to me. I'm guessing $40-$50 range? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find -- Unmistakable DDO.

I wouldn't expect that much for it, but if you find the right buyer...
Those who know what's best for us, must save us from ourselves.
Edited by CentSation
08/04/2021 12:52 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3646 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  03:31 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Details coins are very difficult to value as sale prices vary. Yours looks to be upper VF or lower XF which is a good grade for DDO-001, and has very sharp devices showing the DDO, but overall coin lacks eye appeal. I'd put it in the $40 range. But as noted, if you find the right buyer could go for more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5283 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's hear it for cull buckets!
Valued Member
United States
390 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TY very much for the feedback
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53321 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
08/04/2021 11:32 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5704 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$30 - $36
Pillar of the Community
United States
600 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great save. Glad you saved that one. Not sure on value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2979 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been searching wheaties for years only known to have DDOs. Could 'any' wheatie have DDOs for any year?

Or is it impossible or highly 99% unlikely that a specific year would show a DDO?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
222 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53321 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes they can be found on most years. But always nice to know that they look like on previous/future coins, because some hub doubling can be found that are new findings. After seeing the DDR on the mottos on the 2004 cents, I wonder if it occurred other years. I found my answer a few weeks later:

http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=mds

Wexler's:
http://doubleddie.com/839139.html

Quote:
2002-D 1 WDDR-002 "Best Of" Variety
Description: A nice spread to the west shows on the left side of EPU and the left dots.
Die Markers: Obverse: A die gouge can be found south of the first 2 in the date. Reverse: A die gouge can be found to the left of the lower U in UNITED. A die gouge can be found to the left of the lower L in PLURIBUS. A die gouge can be found above the upper left dot. Die pitting can be found above the end of the left Memorial base. A die gouge can be found in the upper first bay.
Submitted By: Richard Cooper
Cross References: Coppercoins: 2002D-1DR-001

If I hadn't considered, that I would have probably have missed this one. So sometimes you have to think outside of the box.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the Denver addition to LMC varieties, Coop. They are few and far between.

Gives me a reason to look at pocket change.
Edited by CentSation
08/05/2021 10:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"I have been searching wheaties for years only known to have DDOs. Could 'any' wheatie have DDOs for any year?

Or is it impossible or highly 99% unlikely that a specific year would show a DDO?"

I believe 1932 is the only year that it is unlikely to find a variety [DDO, DDR, RPM, OMM, et al.]
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53321 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1932 had a doubled master hub issue:

Richard S. Cooper

Learn More...
United States
103630 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 446Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05