Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 D Lincoln Shield Cent. Strike Through.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 397Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  5:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just curious. Has anyone else run across this?
Looks like a wire or (?) in ear.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That could be any number of things, with it being a zincoln. I went through the same thing you are right now, looking way too hard for something.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks makecents for looking and info.
I was just curious if anyone else seen this. This is my 8th one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not saying it's not necessarily an error, just too minor to worry with. You go through stages where you look for everything, literally under a microscope, with the tech we have now. I'm just saying, if you take too much time with things like this, it takes time away from finding better things. Plus, you won't have ten tons of coins that you have saved, for various reasons, another thing I have changed over time.
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40888 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are all 8 the same? If so, maybe a die crack?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
304 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may be just seeing things, but the 1st photo looks like an extra ear top above and to the right of the ear. May also be lighting as I don't really see it in the close ups. I find new pennies hard to photograph but with the help I have found here I am getting better at it.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makecents. You're right about being minor and about stages. I've been through quite a few myself. Over the past 30+years I kept everything cracks, chips, RPMs etc. I've purged many many times coins that just shouldn't have been kept but they were neat at the time.

Like you said. Now with all the tech we have I can breeze through a box pretty quick.
Lol. I still have over ten tons saved numbered and recorded. Numbered & recorded is because of memory problem. But ask if I have a certain coin I can pull out the book. (NUTS I know).

I mentioned to Coop one time.
I'm addicted to the coin (collecting/hobby). I do not have super high MS coins. The coins I have I paid face value.
The coins I post here on CCF I do have a need to know on some and I'm very very grateful for the help.
Most are so new (hopefully) coin collectors can see and pick up on some different varieties and errors.
He agreed that's what CCF is here for. Learning and teaching for (everyone).

John1. Yes they are all the same. Same die markers.

VestigeWolf. It is the lighting.

WOW. Sorry for so much/to much info
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone's collecting is different and at the end of the day, what makes you happy, is all that matters. As you, most everything I have now, is at face value, mostly searching Lincoln bank rolls these days.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks (makecents).You're right about everyone's way of collecting is what they make it out to be.
I lucked out right after the last coin shortage. I ordered from three different banks hoping to get at least some.
Oops they all called. Lol I ended up with 18 boxes of Lincoln's 3 Nickels 3 Dimes 3 Quarters.
Now there's another shortage.

Take care. Rob.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
633 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Good luck and maybe put in another order.
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53486 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what was the cause of the soft ear? When the highest devices on design is missing it is an issue with a Struck Through Grease error.

Note the missing areas again are the highest parts of the die. We don't see this type of error that often. (first for me) So I will be adding it to my files.

Click to enlarge images. They are larger.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
08/06/2021 12:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop. Glad to help build your endless file size.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53486 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Up to, 12,226 images now.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 397Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05