Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Have You Ever Had A Dream About A Good Coin Find?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,051Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10337 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am the pole opposite of just carl. It's very rare that I wake up and don't remember a dream. Often, I remember sequences of three or four dreams each night.

Coins come in to my dreams a lot. I've often got something exciting in change or found a rare coin metal detecting. In some cases it's a coin that doesn't exist in real life, like a George III twopence dated 1798. Sometimes I find exciting coins in a bargain tray at a coin shop.

Specific ones I can recall:

1. When I was about 20 years old I dreamed I was walking along the street outside the house where I lived at the time with my parents. I saw a plastic crate lying on the ground: it had broken open, and lots of exciting-looking coins were coming out of it. I started scooping them up but my father came along and said I shouldn't touch them as they belonged to Vietnamese refugees! I put them all back but managed to sneak one into my pocket, but when I got home I discovered it was a common German minor coin that I already had, so I dropped it into a fish tank that was in my bedroom in the dream...

2. Quite recent dream - I was on a business trip to an exotic Middle Eastern country. I changed some sterling at the airport and received some huge gold and silver coins in exchange, with Islamic designs and Arabic writing on them. The largest were about three inches in diameter. I immediately went back and changed more sterling to get more of the coins!

3. I was in a hotel room and had invited a beautiful woman up to the room. We were kissing and cuddling on the bed when I suddenly spotted a Roman bronze coin lying on the bed, and I immediately got out a catalog and looked through it to see if I could identify it!

4. I found a florin-sized silver coin with my metal detector. The obverse had the crowned head of King George V. On the reverse was a Zimbabwe bird, the legend "German West Africa" and the date 1920.

5. A recent dream - got a new UK 5 coin that had been issued to commemorate the role played by the National Health Service in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic: the obverse had the usual portrait of the Queen and the reverse showed a nurse injecting a patient. I also had a halfcrown dated 2019, issued to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the withdrawal of the halfcrown...
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NumisRob, number 3 just shows that you are a sick sick man.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2906 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@atticsguy
Pillar of the Community
United States
3868 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
3. I was in a hotel room and had invited a beautiful woman up to the room. We were kissing and cuddling on the bed when I suddenly spotted a Roman bronze coin lying on the bed, and I immediately got out a catalog and looked through it to see if I could identify it!

You know, at some point in a man's life, the fires dim and priorities change!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2906 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@KebKat, they have pills for that. Jkjk(,but they probably do) lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3243 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alrighty so I accidentally made a topic with nearly the exact same title, and didn't realize that this one was already created.

So, I thought I would share my dream experiences.

First off, I'm actually similar to Rob. I try to get 10 hours of sleep a night if possible, which causes a lot of REM sleep. Nearly every single night I have a dream that I remember. Some I wake up in the night and remember them in the morning, others I wake out of right as my alarm goes off. Because I'm constantly waking up and going back to sleep during the night, my sleep cycles tend to not go very deep, and I stay around the 1-3 range. What happens is that at the beginning of the night (with some difficulty), I enter deep sleep, and then follow the process of achieving REM sleep through going back up through the cycles. However, I rarely reenter the deep sleep, meaning I have constant dreams without usually repeating another sleep cycle.

Anyway, all in all, I have extremely vivid dreams every night. I can't even begin to describe how significant each dream varies but I do remember one coin dream (I've had many but I can't remember the details) that I had last night:

I went into my favorite LCS that I haven't been to in two years, and started buying a bunch of BU rolls. Then somehow I was at US market, looking around for more coins. I found even more BU rolls and went along. Then my mother came up to me and I asked her what she had been buying. She pulled out a roll half filled with BU 1954-D RPMs that were labeled "Extreme and Severe RPMs," which she said she only got for $7.50. Then the dream shifted again and I was at a different stall. This one had no coins, but when I looked into the glass showcase, I noticed that the cash register (not sure how it got in there), was full of Kennedy halves. Somehow, I was able to see through the register and see the rims of each half dollar. One in particular stood out, as it had that nice "silver look." But before I could grab it, a little girl ran up and took it, then slipped a 1922 Peace dollar to replace it. Then the dream shifted into something else that I can't remember.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3906 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I showed up too late to mention it, but I don't think the merge target was... particularly similar. As in this thread's topic is way too restricted compared to the one that was locked.

But just in case: old topic one, old topic two. IIRC there's been a few more.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2906 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silvercents, that would explain why I have been dreaming much more since my son was born. I usually wake up briefly every few hours. I have had many dreams that were confusing after waking up. I remember one dream I had not to long ago. I was in my apartment looking through coins, but my apartments was a mis match of other places. I'd walk into the bedroom to get more of my modern change and it would be nothing but silver, the bedroom I walked into changed into a coin shop lol but it was still my bedroom. Was a weird dream and bounced all over the place. Walked out of the bedroom/coin shop and I was all of a sudden at work trapped in an area that I needed my badge to get out of, I was in my pajamas though lol. Someone let me out and all of a sudden I was underneath a bridge by a ferry and it was an apocalypse that we were evacuating from. There was fandom piles of change all over the place as if everyone dropped all there change and left. Needless to say I never made it into the ferry because I was to busy checking the piles of coins all over the place.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4991 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a weird dream. I passed away and my daughter kept all my coins, when she passed away her son (mind you my daughter is now 17 and has no kids) finds the boxes and comes on to CCF and makes a post asking for the value?

The dream gets weirder as he has some sense of value and starts asking about the 2019 S-ERP and wants to know if the 2 I have are worth the mucho bucks that they might be worth in 60 years.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2906 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with January1may. This thread was specific to good finds. Silvercent does fit in this thread as it sounds like some good finds for the price. It could have remained its own specific thread but happily welcome it on this thread. All that being said in a dream or in real life if I find a coin for free that's a good find lol, if I find an amazing unbelievable deal that actually pans out that is also a great find. This thread is open to any good find(in a dream). It could
be a single modern date cent or and 300,000$ coin just sitting in a dresser or pile on the ground, all are welcome here. I definitely wouldn't call the thread restrictive as a good find is all in the eyes of the person who found the coin/coins.(in a dream)

Edit:though I do agree that silvercents thread is less specific as it about coins in general rather then just finding coins. So a dream of a 5 ton coin rolling after someone like a boulder in an Indiana Jones movie would not really fit here but could fit on his thread.
Edited by Wrekkdd
12/03/2021 09:47 am
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3833 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NumisRob - Love your dreams, I have had dream 3, a bit passion overwhelmed by a rare coin.

I dream of coins a lot and way before my latest collection wave. The usual dream is that I am buying some coins in a shop and after buying a few the dealer gets a book out that contains practically every scarce coin I need. I go into overdrive and wake up

Like NumisRob I often dream of coins that are fantasy mishmashes like an 1800s halfcrown dated 1324 and showing King Edward II looking like Queen Victoria (He probably would). I also dream of opening my albums as an old man and greeted by GLEAMING medieval gold coins like Nobles and Ryals.

More commonly I often just dream of recent coins I brought. As I work weird hours I often sleep from 10.30pm to 2.45am and then again from 7am to 12pm. Between that is work (3am - 6am) and then one hour of chilling out by the computer (6 - 7am) often I check trade me and pay for coins I have brought and hop on this. So If I have bidded on or paid for a coin I really like (Say a 300 year old shilling or UNC halfcrown) that coin will feature in my dreams for the morning sleep.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just happened to have a dream last night... I saw a shiny dime on the floor near a door at a store. I bent down to retrieve it and realized next to it was a larger coin with QE2 on it... Maybe a Toonie I thought? Yes, it was. This led to another coin... and another... eventually my hands were full. How did I miss seeing all these coins and why was the dime the only one I noticed at first? Ah, the lowly US dime... I see you, friend.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10337 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  06:15 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a coin dream a couple of nights ago - I was in one of those antique shops that has a saucer with a few odd coins in it. I looked through them and pulled out several early 19th-century copper coins such as Victorian farthings in excellent condition, and they were very cheap!
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds like a dream that could come true!

It is very rare I find coins at an antique shop and when I do they are not quite what I expected.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,051Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: