Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1947 Penny Blunt 7, What Do You Think The Grade Is?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 519Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  07:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Now I need to find the pointed one, idk what grade this would be but not the worst shape for the age of it. If anyone wants to chime in with you opinion on possible grade I'd appreciate it.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3913 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-15 to VF-20 with surface corrosion. Under the "green" may be pits.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@okiecoiner, thanks:). The corrosion on pennies and toning and wear is different then all other coins iv been looking at untill, my first time with pennies so iv seen some pretty heavy corrosion on some and huge blobs of green, and other colours like rust
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found alot of these some pointed some blunt, some without the leaf, is there 3 or 4 varieties for this year? I found a bunch of 1948-49 but I don't think I'll be able to tell if they are A off denticle or to denticle without a loupe. I'll try and see if I can make out if they are off or on.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5751 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In 1947 you have 3 coins,
1947 maple leaf pointed 7
1947 maple leaf blunt 7
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mcshilling, thanks:). I have all three now, I think a have a 1949 Ago denticle and several A off denticle but I can get a good enough photo to show it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11944 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2021  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In case you didn't know, there are three varieties of the 1948 CENT and two varieties of the 1949.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@JimmyD, I'll have to look them up.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya A to denticle and A off denticle. I took some pictures days ago but gave up. I don't think I can currently get a close and clear enough shot to tell if any of my 48,49s are a variety. I think I have all of the varieties but won't know until bi get a scope.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just noticed the 1947 blunt is missing from this price catalogue https://www.jandm.com/script/getitem.asp?CID=3

Anyone know what the 1947 blunt 7 maple Leaf is worth in Vf-Xf?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11944 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In VF about 75 cents.
The coin in your pictures might be worth about 25 cents.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a much better condition one, it's dirty but still has a fair bit of mint luster still
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F15
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks oldfordman, I'll post my better one maybe tonight, it's the one I'll keep for now since the others seem to worse shape.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 519Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05