Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1968 Canadian 10 Cents Coin Why Is Entire Coin This Color

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,036Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
120 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  12:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zander2014 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning. Can someone please help with this coin? I received it as a penny. Didn't notice till I went home

Pillar of the Community
United States
1640 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably toning from the environment/circulation, and you could check to see if it attracts to a magnet, as there are 2 varieties, the magnetic nickel one, and the one with silver. This was the transition year for Canada from silver to nickel.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15244 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it may of been buried at one time. But in any case, it is some
sort of environmental damage.
As noted, check to see if it is silver or nickel.
25 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin9328492 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It might be a silver one because of the toning.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2276 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it's toning. To me it looks like crud on the coin.
Canada
25 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would not mind finding a roll of those "cents".
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,036Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: