Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

George Herbert Walker Bush Coin And Chronicles Set

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 3,105Next Topic
Page: of 7
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ouch!

I might lose out on this one if Friday is anything like today.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1550 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am hoping that the US Mint site works better on Friday than today's madness.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will not hold my breath, but I hope so, too. Maybe most will give up sooner and start their weekend early.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1550 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the noon time east coast releases since it is 17:00 over in the UK, so most days workwise I am finishing up my day or on Friday on a conference call with our developers.
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll pass on this. Mint has enough of my $$ this year.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11311 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll pass on this. Mint has enough of my $$ this year.

I feel the same way, but I'll probably try for it. This will be the last of the "big hitters" for the year for me and then I can finally build my bank account back up (you know, after we get crushed in October).
Pillar of the Community
United States
1547 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are people planning to do with this set? Keep it, resell it?
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got all the other ones but I think I am going to pass on this. I didn't realize that it would be 120 bucks. That's a bit pricey for me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11311 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What are people planning to do with this set? Keep it, resell it?

If I get one it will go in my C&C collection with the others.

I really don't know what to expect with this release... As has been said above, it'll probaly go quickly with 35k available and an HHL of 10. But does anyone really care about it or think it'll be easy money with a flip? It's got the RP dollar, I guess.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1756 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Johnson set had a mintage limit of 25k and currently sells in the $45 to $70 range on ebay. The Kennedy set had a mintage limit of 50k and currently sells in the $55 to $85 range. The Truman set had a mintage limit of 17k and currently sells in the range of $140 to $220. They're currently showing less than 20k available for sale. The only way that this set has any chance of staying up around the issue price is if they don't mint any more.

When the Truman set was first issued, the household limit was five. They changed the household limit to two after that. I have no idea where they got the ten from for this set. It's either that they're completely unaware of the history or they've realized that they've way overpriced this set. I suspect the former.
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If I get one it will go in my C&C collection with the others.
Same. This is why I will be a buyer this Friday. I have the others, so why stop now?

Quote:
The Johnson... The Kennedy... The Truman...
What, no love for Ike?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1550 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the change in household limit from 1 to 10, this means that I don't have to the play the game of trying to order since a fellow forum member will be ordering sets for both of us.
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have them all I like to get one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
613 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billymac11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So sad it's going to have to be a hard pass. Way too much money for what's in the package. Got squeezed out of the Trumans and Ikes, so there is no hard pressure to "complete the set". It'd have been nice if the mint would make them in sufficient quantity and reasonable price for collectors, not flippers. It just continues to make entre into this hobby more expensive and difficult for new or young people.
71 of 72 in my edition of the Dansco 7070.
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It'd have been nice if the mint would make them in sufficient quantity and reasonable price for collectors, not flippers. I
I agree. These things should be minted to order with no limits.

But that is not the case. I am getting ready to grab one at noon.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 3,105Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05