Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

George Herbert Walker Bush Coin And Chronicles Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 3,079Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
27,707 available. Just under 1k sold since 10:30 PM Central Friday. I wonder how long this will be on sale and what the final sales figure will be. At this rate I can't see them going through all 35k. They haven't even sold 8k yet.

A price of $120 is simply too high for most, especially since the set contains just one precious metal (silver) medal.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11307 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A price of $120 is simply too high for most, especially since the set contains just one precious metal (silver) medal.

No doubt. I only bought it to keep my set current.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Patience is a virtue, and often saves you money.
Edited by NumisEd
09/19/2021 8:47 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11307 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

It also often costs you quite a bit more. YMMV.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1756 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

This is true. However, until the total sold goes above the Truman mintage of 17k, I don't see anyone offering one of these at below the issue price. Plus, flippers are not touching this. That makes for few extras available at coin shops or shows.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another option is to sell the incomplete set one has and never look back.
There are so many beautiful coins and medals out there that can be had for a small premium above melt. No need to pay the 500% markup the US Mint demands.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11307 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It all goes back to collect what makes you happy.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not sure what happened in my brain but I totally forgot about this release today. Clearly not an issue as I was able to get one just a moment ago.

Quote:
It all goes back to collect what makes you happy.
Quoted for Truth.

27,700 available this morning.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1550 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could it be that the folks (including the flippers) already have too much money tied up in other releases that they committed to buy that they skipped this one?

Makes me wonder if this set would have better if released in 2020 when it did not have compete against Morgan/Peace dollars and the American Eagle redesign.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Could it be that the folks (including the flippers) already have too much money tied up in other releases that they committed to buy that they skipped this one?
Sounds plausible. If had had committed to more that one Morgan dollar, this one might have fell off the list. However, to me it was more important to complete the C&C collection than a Morgan set I do not have.

Quote:
Makes me wonder if this set would have better if released in 2020 when it did not have compete against Morgan/Peace dollars and the American Eagle redesign.
Well, it is what the dollar coin is dated, so yeah.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1326 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was really looking forward to this set when it was first announced because I missed out on all the other C&C sets (which were released during the lull in my collecting), but once they posted the price it was an immediate no from me. $120 is exorbitant. I can understand why others here have purchased the set to complete their C&C collection, and I would've done the same thing if I were in the same position, albeit reluctantly. But for a standalone set, the price is just too high.

Unfortunately, that's the trend of most (if not all) Mint products over the past few years, and with few exceptions I've been priced out.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3552 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Order before midnight tonight....

"availableCount":27489,"orderLimit":99
-----Burton
47 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@collegebarbers I'd recommend the Reagan set. I was able to get it off ebay awhile back for under $50
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately, that's the trend of most (if not all) Mint products over the past few years, and with few exceptions I've been priced out.

Instead of entertaining the US Mint Presidential dollar Coin program, you could consider collecting inaugurational or presidential term medals.
Another option is to simply wait and only buy Presidential dollars coins when a few years have passed since the coin was minted. For instance, a proof Taft Dollar (2013) is only a couple of dollars on eBay today.

Edited by NumisEd
09/20/2021 9:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "data-available" is now more than the product limit for this. Hmmm
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 3,079Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05