Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Brown Ike's Gold Seal Vs Silver Seal

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,257Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17609 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
However, if you say you have 1971 in both, that would not be correct.

Unless they changed part way through the year.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
108406 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community, Ikeman60! Thank you for the information.

Quote:
Unless they changed part way through the year.
I was saying what I said would not be correct... let me rephrase it...

I was beginning to think that the 1971 were silver, while the 1972, 1973, and 1974 are gold. However, if you say you have 1971 in both, then my thinking would not be correct; it may be, as Conder said, they changed part way through the year.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ikeman60 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have searched hundreds of not thousand of brown Ike's over the years.
If you guys have documentation of the silver seal boxes or any historical information on them I would appreciate a copy.
There were 12 boxes with the Nixon seal for 1971-s that had proof coin with the business struck reverse.
Unless one of you guys have a silver seal box, I have the only two known by ANACS.
I have been searching for information on them for a year or so.
Both of mine came with the 1971-s coin. ( does not mean coin wasn't changed )
This is the first I've heard of silver seal boxes being used in 1971 or any year.
I am curious where this information came from & where it's documented the silver seal boxes were used. Thanks guys
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ikeman60 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorham Collector I thought these pictures look like mine &
I believe they confused people.
These are my boxes you copied from Facebook and shared with the group correct?

I would love to see others if they have the boxes with large silver seal.
Thanks for trying to help.
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what I am gathering is the Silver Sealed boxes are more rare?
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ikeman60 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes sir.
The large silver seal boxes are Rare.
People say they have them, but no one other than I have shown proof.
All of these pictures with the silver seal are of my Boxes someone copied from my Facebook ike discussion group.

I would love to see pictures of other peoples boxes if they truly have them.
As of now, I have the only two known.
Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
2815 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ikeman60- what is the Facebook group you mentioned? I created one called The Eisenhower dollar Meeting Room. Check it out. It's just a basic showcase page. I don't think I ever mentioned it here on CCF though.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ikeman60 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent you a link to my ike discussion group.
I joined your Facebook group.
Check out mine, we have around 600 members.

The author of the Ikegroup Book Mr. Rob Ezerman is a member and a great friend.

Many from the ikegroup are members.
Good luck and happy hunting
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: