Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 1918 Over 17-S? Would Like Opinion.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 78 / Views: 5,263Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
3632 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2022  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a really nice VG8 example with a near full date. A tough grade by PCGS as the coin looks better, than most VG10's. CAC price guide list the coin at $2980. My guess is that it will hammer with buyer's fees a few hundred under the price guide. I have a set of SLQ's with full dates minus the 1916. I would like to put the 1918/7 s in my collection, so maybe I will put in a bid at some point. Wish you the best results on your auction.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dzlxd7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slider23 - Thank You for the kind words. Yes. I also thought it was at least a VG10, but after ANACS and PCGS both grading it, I guess it's just a very, very nice VG08. Th
Pillar of the Community
United States
8019 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats ! Nice hammer price.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dzlxd7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69088 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very well indeed!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats once again on the coin and on the auction result!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5665 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome results! That is a great turnout on a beauty of a coin.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
8827 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent, don't know how I missed seeing this thread, but a big hearty and a congratulations on the fantastic find and subsequent sale, you did excellent.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
940 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  05:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

smat
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dzlxd7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank everyone who followed this thread for their help and support. It's kind of amazing how it turned out. It has been really wonderful to have been able to share this with people who are passionate about this hobby. I have learned a lot from this forum. (@FortCollins, especially.) - This coin sat tucked away in my jacket pocket in my hall closet for at least 5 years in a little plastic flip. It then sat in a Whitman book for SLQ's probably for another 5 or more years after that in my attic. It was never unprotected as my grandfather and uncle were big coin collectors and taught me how to treat a coin. I really wish that they were still around to have seen and shared in this adventure. Thanks, again, everyone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8019 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  02:28 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be interested in knowing how much of the 3,002.00 you end up with. If you don't mind. I'm thinking of sending a coin to them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@52Raymo, according to their consignment forms, there are no seller's fees for coins over $1000, 5% for coins less than $1000, and listing fees are $3 to $10 per coin depending on starting bid. Of course, there are additional fees for sending raw coins to be certified or sending certified coins to CAC.
Coincidentally, I just sent off my first consignment to GreatCollections today and will be looking forward to see how that does compared to simply selling directly to a dealer as I normally do.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
05/11/2022 5:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8019 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hokie .
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dzlxd7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@52Raymo - Great Collections did a great job. They did the crossover from ANACS to PCGS for me, then sent it to CAC. They kept me updated the whole way. I will probably end up with somewhere between $2800 and $2900 at the end of the day. It takes anywhere from 15 to 30 days before they send out the check.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dzlxd7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@52Raymo, et.al. - I received the check today in the mail. $3002, minus $25 for listing and ad boosts, minus $65 for PCGS re-grade/crossover, minus $14.50 for CAC grading brings the check total to $2,897.50.

Great Collections was VERY professional and took good care with the whole transaction. I will definitely do business with them, again, if the opportunity arises.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 78 / Views: 5,263Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: