Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1886 10 Cent For Grading And Variety

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 733Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  1:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like pointed 6.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8578 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50
OBV5
PT6

Very nice hard to find coin do you own this one or are you window shopping?
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
08/29/2021 2:17 pm
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was listed I missed it it closed before I saw it.Not many of these around.Thought I would post it so people could see an example. Regards Vic
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-50, old cleaning.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1471 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the OP's coin and below is mine.
mine is ICCS graded.
it is said the OP's coin is AU 50?
please also grade mine and compare the 2.
will be interesting...I will reveal my grade later
thanks, guys.

Learn More...
Canada
9889 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe DBM can chime in here... but I don't think your coin is an Obverse 5 47P7
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1471 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP
there is no doubt IMO that it is a Ptd 6.
Why do you think it is not an obv 5?
Nose ? or Ear or? based on the rev (W1-PD-P6)?
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a graded example.PCGS au50 obv.5

@47P7 What did ICCS grade your coin as?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8578 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ 47P7
Your coin is OBV4
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1471 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you DBM
and thank you SPP for raising doubt about the 5.
Quite a few years ago ICCS graded it VF 30 Obv 5
obv 4 makes it fairly scarce I guess.
H
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@47p7 Less then 10 known makes it very scarce. Lucky you. Regards Vic
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1471 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  11:26 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, and I did not even know or even suspect it.
Perhaps we are all trusting a TPG's "say so" way too much.
thanks to SPP and DBM the Dimes secret is lifted.
we shall see what ICCS will have to say. But really, I think DBM's and SPP's experiences count probably more than ICCS. But then perhaps the coin is worthy of being in a CCCS holder.
The big question of grade is still open. Personally, I think it is just a tad better than a 30.
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I ask a quick question can you not tell if it's a 4or 5 using the chin area. The 4 looks like it's smooth and the 5 shows double chin. You can see with the picture with the 2 coin.
Learn More...
Canada
9889 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  12:09 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use the forehead. Look closely at the slope, curvature and where the hairline meets the forehead edge.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2356 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a chance ICCS would grade it as an AU.

At best an ef-40.
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@doubleeagle59 Which coin are you refering too? Regards
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 733Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05