Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Price - Season 78 - Round 7

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 293 / Views: 5,784Next Topic
Page: of 20
Valued Member
United States
411 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$165
Learn More...
United States
104958 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The next round is normally a long series of individual single response replies with just a $ guess and no commentary about the prior coin. There is no knowledge transfer here - and thats not the CCF mission
An idea that I have been considering for a while is delaying the next round start 24 hours to give time for questions and commentary for the previous round. What do you all think?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5756 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I missed the last round because of NO internet

I agree it would be nice to read a bit on the coin/coins that we just bid on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2201 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$242

I'd be interested in hearing more about the coins that seem to have been purchased for higher/lower than market value. Were they purchased raw or slabbed, was the coin slabbed after purchase, was it a cherry picked variety, etc. Just seems like there's a backstory.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1581 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
An idea that I have been considering for a while is delaying the next round start 24 hours to give time for questions and commentary for the previous round. What do you all think?

Sounds good to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
843 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I like that idea
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1093 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$525.00 for this round.
And I really like the idea of some back story or knowledge about the coins we're guessing on.
Learn More...
United States
104958 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great! I am going to start the delay with the end of this round.

I will not be deducting points though. I am thankful for all the contributors and could not do this without their coins and images!
Valued Member
United States
304 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$550
Pillar of the Community
United States
1941 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

$325
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3552 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Great! I am going to start the delay with the end of this round.

So are we going 8 days from here on?
Or keep it 7
Learn More...
United States
104958 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So are we going 8 days from here on?
Negative.

Rounds will start on Thursday, end on Wednesday.

No way I can do an eight day round when I am gone 90% of the weekends.

Still gives you more time to post guesses than when we did two rounds a week way back when.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1326 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What was the NGC grade of that CBH?

NGC Has this one at AU-55. It's an O-108a (noted on the holder) and is considered a "top pop" according to them, but I'm not naive enough to believe that, I'm sure there's higher graded ones, just not noted as an O-108a.
Valued Member
United States
471 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

$220
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7283 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good call jbuck and I'm hopeful that the breathing space between rounds will encourage some level of discussion about the coins.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Page: of 20 Previous TopicReplies: 293 / Views: 5,784Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05