Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quick 30 Min Hunt In The Park.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 542Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
515 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  2:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Nothing amazing to report although I did remove a rusty utility blade from the local park lol
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
United States
1016 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
My Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/coinhunter...047675.l2559
ANA # 3204217, CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
Canada
515 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coin hunter! I went again for another 30 mins in a new park and it was better this time!
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64331 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've spent far more money on detectors in my life than the value of things recovered, but the the thrill of a beep is unmatched.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
515 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well put coinfrog! I'm just a noobie but I couldn't agree more!!!
RCNA Member

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1026 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I've spent far more money on detectors in my life than the value of things recovered, but the the thrill of a beep is unmatched.

I have paid off my first detector (a 2nd hand Garret 300) and my second detector (an Equinox 800) within a few years via cash and jewelry finds however I don't think I could do it today. The days of pulling $50-100 from a site have pretty well gone. I suspect the increase in popularity of detecting plus a reduction in use of coins has put an end to it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
515 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive!
RCNA Member

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2530 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have yet to try metal detecting, but have a friend that got into it this year and has pulled many gold rings and silver, as well as tonz of old coins. I think the site you detect is vary important for detecting. There is a park in dundas where the teens have gone to fight and he spend about an hour there and pulled a ton of stuff. As a local knowing the party spots and stuff helps as well. Many people go into the woods and party all night and are always loosing things. Dundas is an iffy spot to metal detect as most of the area is conservation, but dundas being older then Canada I'm sure there is a lot of nice spots un touched.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 542Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: