Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Coincraft In London A Good Dealer?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 353Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
67 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  10:03 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello fellow collectors,
I am thinking of buying a coin from Coincraft, a dealer in London. Has anyone purchased from them?
Most importantly, does anyone know if all of their coins are genuine, and they don't sell fakes?
Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
683 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are well known and I doubt very much they would sell a fake or replica without clearly identifying it as such.
However, I would say they have a reputation for being very expensive for what you get. Also, if you are buying a generic coin without a specific photo, the grade may not be as high as the example coin depicted in their adverts.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4012 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They tend to be pricey , but you can deal in total confidence .
Ask for Ian , he is a wonderful fellow . Known him nearly 40
Years .
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9332 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the above.

They are expensive and they sell quite a lot of common coins like Churchill crowns for far more than their real value. However, for scarcer coins and ancient / hammered coins they often have some very nice items in stock and my experience is that their grading is always spot on. I've bought several hammered coins from them, and a few modern World coin sets, plus a few banknotes from the rummage bin in their shop opposite the British Museum.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
67 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand now. Thank you all for the help!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1550 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently bought a 2006 1/10 ounce silver Britannia from them without any issues at all.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 353Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05