Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Pictures Of Low Mintage Coins In Terrible Condition

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 157 / Views: 10,349Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
Australia
812 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought Korea was the source for the blanks
Australia
45 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinanthebarb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a really worn one.

The Australian 1932 florins had an original mintage of est.188,000 making it the lowest minted florin in the series besides the 1934/5 commemorative issue.

This example is very worn and shows almost no detail.

Although hard to see in the photo, there is part of a 3 remaining, making it a 1932.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
665 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coinanthebarb,
That is a very worn 32. You should almost feel proud!
A worthy addition to this topic.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Australia
45 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinanthebarb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much!

It is very interesting how worn this coin is.

It must have seen a lot of circulation before it was withdrawn from circulation in the 1960s.

This example is the most worn I have seen of this date, as most later KGV examples are usually found in Good to Fine.

I wonder what the value would be on a piece like this.
I would assume close to melt value due to its condition, but possibly a bit more, as it might be a desirable coin to fill a space in a collection for a cheap cost.
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's borderline to me, it could be a 22.

If its a 32 - score, I would say in that condition, its still a $50 to $75 coin. Someone might even pay $100 for it, because its a 32 and 32 has a lot of clout.

This is a 32 that deserves to be here! The last 32 shown was better than most of the 32s I have seen.
Australia
45 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  05:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinanthebarb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much.

I thought the same thing when I purchased the coin.

I was a little hesitant buying it as it did look like a 1922, but I have checked it under different levels of magnification, and it does appear to be a '3'

I've never seen a 1932 florin this worn, so it is a cool piece to own!
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a really worn one. The Australian 1932 florins...
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
818 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some horrible key date 10 cent coins:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
665 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

hmmmm...good horrible or bad horrible?

They've got the look that only a mother could love...
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yikes!

Quote:
They've got the look that only a mother could love...
Or a face for fit for radio, as they say.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
818 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2022  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of lower mintage $2 coins that didn't fare well in the wild.

Valued Member
Australia
220 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2022  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is low mintage for a 5cent.

I got it from a prosegur roll ,not off the road or out of the shed either.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
665 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2022  04:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Or a face for fit for radio, as they say.

you know I should get out more....67 years and never heard that expression!!!

Quote:
A couple of lower mintage $2 coins that didn't fare well in the wild

oh dear...... worthy additions

Quote:
It is low mintage for a 5cent.

And just when you thought they couldn't get worse...
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2022  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A couple of lower mintage $2 coins that didn't fare well in the wild.
Yikes!

Quote:
It is low mintage for a 5cent...I got it from a prosegur roll ,not off the road or out of the shed either.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
818 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This Yowie has had a hard life. (Mintage ~500K)

Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 157 / Views: 10,349Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: