Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 D LSC: Is This A Legit Mint Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 343Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
161 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  7:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add victoriarose28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This might just be another man made manipulation.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2366 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like intentional damage to me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3577 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% intentional damage.. Not a mint error..
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somebody had it out for that cent. Not even sure if you could pass that one off in change. Have to hide it in a roll like someone else did.
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
305 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seriously?
Forum Dad
United States
21414 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way too many pics. One of each side would be plenty.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5562 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, not a mint error. We see one or two of these monthly, it seems. I have a few in my Lincoln cent 'dramatic damage' Dansco.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61493 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously deliberate damage.
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, not a mint error.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add victoriarose28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly, thank you for all your inputs.

Other than saying it is not a mint error, I want to understand what made it Not an error mint, what gives? I had this for years and just randomly came across to it. So, next time I come across with another one from bank rolls, I'll just dispose it off right away.

Thank you for your patience.
Forum Dad
United States
21414 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Other than saying it is not a mint error, I want to understand what made it Not an error mint, what gives?

You just need to study the minting process. There are a billion ways to damage a coin. There are a finite number of ways a legitimate error coin can happen. Once you understand the minting process, damage becomes much easier to recognize.
Valued Member
United States
305 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Other than saying it is not a mint error, I want to understand what made it Not an error mint, what gives?

Hi Victoria. You pose a great question and I would like to answer this for you. I apologize an explanation was not given so as to help you out in understanding why this is not a mint error. First of all, your Cent appears to be much wider in diameter than a normal Lincoln Cent. There is not a rim on the obverse of your coin which tells me someone mechanically flattened the outside perimeter of the Cent and in addition took some type of grinding tool and removed the copper plating which exposed the zinc core of this Lincoln Cent which we refer to as "Zincolns". There is not any way whatsoever a coin could be struck like this while being produced at the mint. There are however, certain mint errors that do exhibit larger than normal diameters but there are numerous other identifiers associated with these type of true Mint errors. One last thing is the reverse. It has also been sanded down, after it left the Mint, as can be seen from all of the scratches and lines on the zinc core of the coin after the microscopic thin layer of copper was sanded away. Basically, your coin just does not fall into any category at all of a known error produced by the mint. Please don't be discouraged. The knowledge of the members here come from many, many, many years of study and research. Keep searching, researching and learning about the minting process and you too will have a bank of knowledge before you know it. Good luck!!
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add victoriarose28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you bobby131313 and Bumpkin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 343Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05