Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 D Quarter Need Help With An Error

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,044Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
799 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I read somewhere that they go for $30 to around $130. Should be interesting to see what they sell for
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just got mine back from TPG today. Came back MS65 Improperly Annealed.
Impressive!
Pillar of the Community
United States
799 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Willburton I'm interested in seeing what you have also. I think I have a few older coins saved with some striations lines on them. Time to dig em out and see what's to them
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well we shall see what they are worth just got one listed lol. I love em hope someone else but us does also
Pillar of the Community
United States
799 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Goog luck Decaf94drew. I hope it sells. I dont see the other one that was on there. I have to check again
Pillar of the Community
United States
2487 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think this turns striation lines into an annealing issue

IMHO, I think they are separate and happen to both occur on these coins.

Some of your images seem to show a weakness of strike near the rims that also coincide with the prevalence of these striation lines.

If I remember correctly, weakness of strike, tilted dies, tapered planchet or metal flow into the devices were some of the reasons for the striation lines still being visible.

(We might need to add uneven planchets to the list of causes for the striation lines still being visible after the strike. With three layers of metal on clad coins there may be more chances for irregular thickness to occur on any of the layers during the production.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
09/22/2021 08:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
799 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Petespockets55. I'm glad you brought that up because I was kinda thinking the same thing. It may be coincidence that these errors collided at the same time here on these coins or this could be something in itself and unrelated to other striation lines. Who knows not me just guessing
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,044Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05