Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Limited Edition 2021 Silver Proof Set - American Eagle Collection

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 5,175Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^^^^
I agree Celtic on the packaging, too cheap to pay the premium. I was thinking about going for it since I missed the San Fran proof ASE, but I think I can wait a few years and maybe it will come down if I want it that bad.
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add phillyprod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. I got several of this year's ASE...

Maybe I'll just go for a Silver Proof Set instead of the limited edition...

OR just be happy with my regular proof set and save the money.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it will sell out fairly quick but with that price point not super quick.
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had I not already bought the silver proof set (begrudgingly just to complete the ATB set), I would go for this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, this product, like most of the other 2021 offerings, has had its packaging quality really take a hit. One of the selling points (if you could call it that) of the LESPS was the special packaging. Now it's just the flocked tray. The $235 price tag and the fact that I already have all of these coins makes this a hard pass for me.

Other than the limited quantity and breaking the set to sell separately for coin sellers, hard to justify this if you're a collector. The Mint missed an opportunity to add an ASE-S Type 1... that would have been huge!
Edited by BamaBlue
09/16/2021 11:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay pre-sale 545.00.....265317870344
Lets hope this flipper gets shut out.
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ebay pre-sale 545.00. Lets hope this flipper gets shut out.
Oh my.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4267 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this correct? According to the Mints site only 50,000 units are being produced, but according the the Source page (data available) only [value="1" data-available="26829.0">] are left days before the sale starts, almost half are gone?!?
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could be what is ready to ship. That is, they still have more to assemble.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4267 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It could be what is ready to ship. That is, they still have more to assemble.

You might be right on that point - that number in up from yesterday. (but not a lot):

" data-available="27558.0">
Pillar of the Community
United States
4267 Posts
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pinehurst is offering $300 for these.
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These will be selling in a few hours. I know there is a low mintage 50K. Yet, I can't convince myself fight the Mint's web site to pay $235.00 for coins I already have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4267 Posts
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 5,175Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: