Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Limited Edition 2021 Silver Proof Set - American Eagle Collection

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 96 / Views: 3,680Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my shipping notice today. It's shipping UPS. UPS delivers very fast. I'm very thankful for that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3326 Posts
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got a Mint email shipping notice for UPS delivery. UPS tracking label created but they don't have the set yet. Progress.
Edited by livingwater
10/13/2021 5:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did they change over to UPS? If so, maybe the deliveries will be more reliable and meet the expected delivery dates.
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard the Mint has used UPS in the past. Don't know if they contract with UPS for certain number of shipments every year or just use them in addition to USPS if they have lots of coins to go out faster. Oh yeah baby, I want lots of coins shipping out faster!!
Edited by livingwater
10/13/2021 8:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2978 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Too have received Plenty of UPS delivered packages from the Mint in the past. Also, Received a tracking number, that has Not been in the hands of the carrier yet ..... The U S Mail has been a Reliable, But Slow delivery... We shall see......
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65 sets available now
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pass on these as I already get one silver proof set and have no interest in bullion coins. It saves space and money that way, especially given the mint's pricing on precious metals.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3326 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I got my set delivered today. the coins look great! However, the packaging is junk. the base box is the same size as other years, So I may try to order the OGP of a previous year and then fabricate a holder for the coins.

Too bad (and good) as there are 2 ASE in the set - I cannot just transfer the coins to an older style OGP

So now I'm going to have to carefully measure the holes and spacing to see if I can make something out of wood or most likely non pvc plastic (I'm thinking acrylic or Lexan) to fit.

Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint really should use better packaging. I feel your pain. Nice coins BTW.
Edited by pkluck
10/14/2021 7:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4919 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UPS states that my Label has been created..........
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
3326 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The mint really should use better packaging. I feel your pain. Nice coins BTW.

They should try to do just a tiny bit better - anything is better than what they did this year!

And thanks..

Quote:
UPS states that my Label has been created..........

Well that is great news!!

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same here, UPS label created yesterday 10/14. Now if they would actually ship my S ASE proofs I'd be really happy. Still processing for over a week now.
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO the box is bigger than it needed to be. They could have put the dime between the ASE and the quarters to sides of half dollar. Box would have been about half the size for storage.
Edited by livingwater
10/15/2021 08:12 am
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, I got my set delivered today. the coins look great

Quote:
IMO the box is bigger than it needed to be. They could have put the dime between the ASE and the quarters to sides of half dollar. Box would have been about half the size for storage.
I think they wanted its size to be consistent with the previous sets.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 96 / Views: 3,680Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05