Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Wait Is On For Receiving My First Submissions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 306Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
104 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  12:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It has been 29 working days since PCGS received my submissions, I told myself forget about it. It will happen when it happens. The first time could be my last time but hoping it's not providing I don't get coins rejected for questionable color.. I truly examined every coin closely and tried to compare to slabbed coins. I counted every bag mark and looked for all the other signs I have learned from the forum. my submissions were labeled as regular submissions (8 vouchers), However I sent an additional 10 submissions economy in the same shipment. I know that grading times vary so I am not panicking at least for another 10 working days. PCGS received 8/3 today is 9/11.
However if PCGS is so busy all the time , they should consider hiring a few more people. If these graders ordered something from Amazon or another internet seller would they enjoy waiting 6 weeks or more to receive their order (just saying). Please don't tell me to pay an absurd amount of money for a quicker turn around. Maybe collecting is for the more affluent crowd
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4010 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better be prepared to sit tight .
My last 3 Submissions
ANACS 3 months
NGC Almost 4 months
ICCS 9 weeks .
All the services are busy and
backlogged as they cannot
find qualified people to hire ..
Anyone worth their salt in this
Business works for themselves
or a major coin company.
Grading coins is pretty specialized
and requires a great deal of expertise .
Edited by Pacificoin
09/11/2021 1:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5560 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with pacificoin. It's interesting to see what's been happing in the sports trading card grading arena--think coin grading turn-around is bad?

Google 'trading card grading delays'. A teaser -- "Hobby searches for answers as PSA grading services halts card submissions"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3077 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, best of luck with the results.

Second, we live in a world of instant gratification, technology is a big factor in this, IMO. Especially with Covid, there have been delays with just about everything. Businesses are doing the best they can with the resources available. Patience is truly a virtue.
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like everything else in life the first time is the hardest. When I have submissions in I turn my attention to new find new material for sale or future grading.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  07:44 am  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazon is taking a product that is already made and sitting at their warehouse, and sending it to you. Big difference.

When I was a kid, ordering something from the back of a comic book, they always said, allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. And it was.

You sent to the company with the bast reputation, that they try hard to maintain. Graders grade. Then other graders confirm the grade that the first graders gave. Plus quality control before submissions are returned. Are the labels correct for the coin. Are the coins positioned correctly in the slabs. You can also blame covid for longer turn around times. Most companies let packages sit for close to a week before they even open them.
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazon is taking a product that is already made and sitting at their warehouse, and sending it to you. Big difference.

When I was a kid, ordering something from the back of a comic book, they always said, allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. And it was.

You sent to the company with the bast reputation, that they try hard to maintain. Graders grade. Then other graders confirm the grade that the first graders gave. Plus quality control before submissions are returned. Are the labels correct for the coin. Are the coins positioned correctly in the slabs. You can also blame covid for longer turn around times. Most companies let packages sit for close to a week before they even open them.

I knew this already and I know I have to be patient and yes I want them graded accurately, patience is a virtue or so I am told. Covid information is slowly becoming more accurate so I don't think that's the issue. When a business increases its volume they usually hire more workers or risk losing some of their customers, however in this particular case qualified workers may not be available or affect the bottom line. I guess I just wanted to make conversation, knowing full well the outcome (meaning the wait) of the submissions. Some of my Lincolns are not full cherry red and I want to get a working knowledge of altered color. I have examined them under a 50X microscope looking for subtle clues to AT like crisscrossed hairlines, microscopic flakes and looking beneath the surface. I have read as much info as I can find but? seasoned collectors have said countless times that you have to look at thousands and thousands of coins! How many times do I have to look at a spot on a banana to know its becoming over ripe? There has to be finite way to alter coins (realistically) not theoretically
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05