Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Helping Members Who Just Don't Catch On

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 793Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4225 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do want to want to thank the moderators for the great job they do! I have been a moderator on a telescope and a science forum, and keeping posters in check is hard work. Most people don't appreciate all you do and you do really keep the place sane. I know I've clicked on a few "Report this to the Moderator" and it quickly gets removed. Usually Sunday morning the spammers are out.

So Thank you team!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1702 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have more then 1000 posts and feel like I am in this category at this point. So after only 100 I would not push the topic. But if in in there please do PM me.

Edit: actually I don't need a PM to know that I'm in this class, just based on my more recent history here and lack of attention to my posts I get the general idea that my posts are just looked at like they are not worth responding to. The simple fact that many of you guys have a different opinion on some topics means even you have room to grow.

When it comes to some of us"slower learners"(even those of us with passion) get made to feel a bit if a burden to the site after a while.
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/27/2021 6:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4225 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wrekked, in no way are you a clueless newby. I for one like reading your posts!

As to posts getting responses, I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and my post on coins of Portugal has barely any posts. Not everyone is interested in errors, or coins from Portugal. Personally I don't care, I post what I'm interested in! You should also. Although 200 posts to grade your Morgan dollars I would probably say you should skip ;)
Edited by hfjacinto
09/27/2021 6:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1702 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate it but I still feel like I get ignored some times because people think I asked a "stupid" question or made a worthless post. I post what I like and what is different to me in my experience as a growing numismatic.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
692 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  02:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As to posts getting responses, I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and my post on coins of Portugal has barely any posts.

That does not mean these posts aren't interesting or an enjoyable read. I enjoy reading them (about the bankbotes, too). But I don't have or feel the need to always give a written respose.
Edited by redlock
09/28/2021 02:08 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wrekkdd - for someone learning and growing, there aren't really any stupid questions. Maybe they can be basic or simple, but saying they're stupid is too harsh. Ask your questions, make your posts, and as long as you're open minded, are willing to take constructive criticism and continue to learn and grow, then it's all OK. No, you won't get a lot of feedback on all your posts, but that's sort of expected on a broad forum like this. I read most every new post, but I don't reply on any unless I have something I feel contributes to the conversation - I try to avoid just reiterating something a previous member has already put out there.
Edited by hokiefan_82
09/28/2021 02:23 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1702 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always take everyone's opinions to heart. Most of the time it can be a little back in forth, sometimes my finds pan out some times they don't. I post what is interesting to me or does not quite make sense to me(usually if it does not make sense it's damage) but not always.

Other times questions have gone left in answered and I just drop the topic because I assume it must be something obvious but I'm just not seeing it. I know the difference between who I was when I started out here(the guy posting clearly damaged coins) thinking maybe this is an error, after doing a bunch if research I learned there is only so many errors that can occur and PMD became much more obvious to me. There is times PMD didn't add up to me like with my last two struck through coins I posted and they turned out to be errors even though some people thought damage, so questioning some times even when it is a pro like coop telling you something can end up being beneficial (like with the DDR Lincoln cent I posted.) I do see some members with over 100 posts still just posting road kill coins, mayb one day they will do the proper research and something will finally click with them and they move forward, mayb they don't and they probably end up leaving.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 793Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05