Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Assistance For A New Coin Seller (In Turkey)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 9 / Views: 329Next Topic  
Turkey
1 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  04:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ekintelli to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Currently I reside at Turkey. I have 700 pieces of a Turkish memorial coins varying from 1940's to today. They are in gold, silver and bronze.
Is there any problems of shipments that I should be aware of?
How safe is eBay and Amazon?
Will I be responsible for any damages or losses that happened during the shipment?
Please give me more information about the procedure and tell me more if I should know.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40919 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Members will be along soon to help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
20658 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ekin, first welcome to CCF. Second, you will notice that I have moved your thread over to the ecommerce subforum as I think that this is the best way to get you answers to your questions.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60902 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't help but -

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7305 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could give it a try with a few inexpensive pieces, and see how it goes.
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
800 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ekintelli, welcome to the forum.

Seeing that we are from the same country, I wanted to tell you what I have been thinking about selling on Ebay from Turkey.

Perhaps you have noticed that ebay switched onto some genius (not!) System called managed payments. As you perhaps are aware that PayPal doesn't work in Turkey since 2018 or so. This leaves a Turkish ebay seller only with the Payoneer option which believe isn't very used friendly.

Have you tried local auction houses that work online? We have plenty of them in Turkey and most are very reputable. Just like ebay or any other major ecommerce company, they charge you a commission, often %10-15 and they sell your items for you. Its generally easier and more profitable doing this that way.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer.
My tradelist and some wanted items are here! : http://goccf.com/t/398127
Learn More...
United States
20658 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@moly, thx for responding. It occurs to me that you (and other CCF members) might respond more quickly if the OP had listed his/her country. I'll make that change to the title and perhaps there will be additional responses to add to your own very good one.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Turkey
800 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spence, my pleasure. I have learned %90 of what I know about coin collecting here from this forum. Coin market and seasoned collector attitudes are kind of weird here in Turkey. People often reluctant to share knowledge which drives me nuts. I'll be glad of I could be of any help to someone regardless of where they are from.
Turkey
1 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ekintelli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to thank all of you for your warm welcome.
@molydeii how can I contact you maybe you can help me. I looked at your profile but I couldn't see any dm button.
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
800 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry! I just have seenur reply. There should be a dm button, fourth one frok the left under my profile. Just letting you know, ai don't buy coins, speciall commeoratives. I don't collect those, but let me know with a DM if there is anything I could be of help
  Replies: 9 / Views: 329Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05