Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: Classic US Commemorative Coins With A Map

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 189Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6382 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  07:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Back with another index to a series of posts for classic US commemorative coins - this time: coins that include a map within their design.

Each of the posts linked below was created over in the "Post Your..." Gallery section of CCF. I've created quite a few topical/themed lists of classic US commemorative coins over in that section (you can see a list of them here: Read More: Commems Collection), but would be happy to explore a new theme you think works. Any suggestions?

The next series I have planned is "Coins with a Public Service Career Theme." After that, I'm open to ideas. (Please keep in mind, any suggested theme should be universal enough to allow for coins from around the world to be posted to the thread.)

Here's the linked list of "Map Coins" to check out:

1. 1892 Columbian Exposition - Columbus Half Dollar
2. 1923 Monroe Doctrine Centennial
3. 1926-39 Oregon Trail Memorial
4. 1935 Old Spanish Trail
5. 1936 Cleveland, OH Centennial / Great Lakes Exposition
6. 1951-54 Carver-Washington Memorial
7. 1926 American Independence Sesquicentennial Gold Quarter Eagle

BONUSES

- 1904 Lousiana Purchase Exposiion Official Medals
- 1905 Lewis & Clark Exposition Official Medals
- 2002 Louisiana State Quarter
- 2009 Netherlands Henry Hudson & Manhattan Island 400th Anniversary

As always, after you check out one or more of my commemorative coin posts, please take a few minutes to scroll through the other entries in the thread to view an interesting array of world "map coins" posted by others.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
103710 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I envy the person who finds these indices from a web search.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6382 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck: As you know, topical collecting is an interesting and fairly popular way of collecting among those pursuing world coins. I believe that it can also be a very interesting way of building a US commemorative coin set for those who would prefer not to seek out the entire set.

I've put together quite a few of these index lists on various topical themes - I hope many collectors find them going forward and have their interest sparked enough to pursue a topical collection of US commemorative coins!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
09/14/2021 08:20 am
Learn More...
United States
103710 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7219 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've put together quite a few of these index lists on various topical themes

And I say that your efforts have rewarded and enriched the collecting community with all of your efforts commems. Thank you for what you do.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60710 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Commems just owns this entire subject.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6382 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@All: Thanks for the very positive feedback! I do my best to provide quality content!

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 189Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05