Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My New Microscope. It's Time For Less Questions And Better Photos:)

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 635Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if this is the model but here is the user manual front. On a side not I randomly took this photo with my phone while walking and I'm super surprised how straight and clean the photo turned out lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
7436 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much appreciated! Oops...just noted it wants Windows to work. Hard to believe there are still things being made this way (?!)

Now I can run Windows natively (or in a window) on my Mac...but...I appreciate the pics and everything you have shown. It has made me think that once again it is time to do some homework. The built in screen is nice.

When you have the time, would you post a pic of the highest power/pic you can get os a mint mark on a coin (and what power it is you are using)? I have a number of wheat cents I will be checking for RPMs. I use a porcupine quill tip to clean out the centers of the D mint marks, and an idea of how close this can get would be a big help.

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Earl42 I think one of the shots from another on if my threads is close or close to as close as I can get. Look at my threat Jaques Cartier die gouge. I took a close up of the inverted date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7436 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem, you could definitely easily see RPMs with this guy, and doubled dies with this, if only I could find one lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1088 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad it is not iMac or MacBook compatible.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Ham1947, I didn't know that, I don't buy apple products though anyways. So far I'm just taking pictures with my phone of what I see on the screen lol. Working great just as a portable microscope
Pillar of the Community
United States
7436 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A MAC user could run Windows natively (its all Intel) at start up or by using programs that allow Windows to run simultaneously on the mac desktop. The Windows programs behave in the system like they are MAC programs - such as using the dock etc.

Windows is a memorization based platform while Apple is menat to be user-intuitive. I prefer the intuitive platform so rarely run Windows except when I run one the one main graphics programs I use since they never made an Apple version. I like it a lot more than Adobe - again - intuitive vs. memorizing everything, and it actually is more powerful in some ways - especially text manipulation which I use a lot of.

If I ever want to upgrade though I am in trouble. For other reasons I will never buy another Apple product new again.

At present I have, and keep up with modern times easily on my 2009 model anyway!
Edited by Earle42
09/19/2021 11:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya I feel new apple products are good for a couple years then become obsolete lol.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 635Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05