Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With 1929 Virginia National Currency Notes

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 773Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  09:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone. It's been about 8 years since I made a post. Let's just say I've been busy. No, not prison. Not that busy. Anyway, I'm in the process of obtaining a large group of assorted 1929 National Currency notes in 5's, 10's and 20's. Can anybody provide me with or point me to how I can get a list of the scarce/rare banks/cities from Virginia? There are type 1 and type 2 in this lot. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi Everyone. It's been about 8 years since I made a post.
back to the Community!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here's a good place to start nationalcurrencyvalues.com
Edited by mikev50
09/14/2021 1:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
903 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also the Kelly book is a good reference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks mikev50. That was a big help. Unfortunatley, there are no rarities but there are some very good ones in the group. If I get the lot I'll return with some pictures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I specialize in Virginia national banknotes and I have a very large collection of them. I'll get you some info on the ones you have pictured. If you have any others, I'd love to see them as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clifton Forge $20 Type 1 (Charter 9177) - $140
Rocky Mount $10 Type 1 (Charter 8984) - $125
Winchester $5 Type 1 (Charter 6084) - $100

I priced these at retail. All are relatively available if you look around enough. Certainly not rare Virginia banks, but also not the most common either.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks WheatBack. It's been years since we chatted. I did get this collection. I think there's about 89 total. I did sell the two damaged notes but kept the rest. I did not find any rare ones but there are some scarce notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would you mind sending me a message/email so I can see what others you may have? I'd certainly be interested in a couple of the ones you posted above as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3450 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  03:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a good place to start, https://nationalcurrencyvalues.com/...irginia.aspx

Unfortunately very misleading on what they consider rare.. There's some banks here that have one or two known that aren't checked as rare, whereas banks with several dozen are checked as rare. Great for seeing issuing banks of Virginia by charter, but not much for rarity.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SteveinTampa. Check your spelling before providing a link. No such thing as irginia. I appreciate your help with the link. I'm familiar with this site from a previous suggestion from mikev50 another forum member. Thanks to all for your time.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21486 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks SteveinTampa. Check your spelling before providing a link. No such thing as irginia.

There's nothing wrong with his link.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I click on it I get ERROR.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies Bobby & Steve. I was clicking on the link in the quote. When I clicked on the link Steve provided it did work. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just realized that I bidded on the two damaged nationals you had on eBay!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 773Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: