Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This 1909-S Indian Head Cent Real Or Fake?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 878Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1552 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the counterfeit crowd.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If it comes back genuine, then I'll eat a raw brussels sprout smothered in horseradish.

Horseradish isn't all that bad. That lumpy green scoop, though . . .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best way to get Brussels sprouts down is to liberally dip them in Cheez Whiz.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/15/2021 6:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20394 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Good chance not real
just carl
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Best way to get Brussels sprouts down is to liberally dip them in Cheez Whiz.
Processed cheese!?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, that's how we did it when I was a kid, at least if you were being watched so closely that you couldn't roll one off into the napkin in your lap.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/16/2021 11:04 am
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That tracks. When I was a kid, mom would just batter and deep fry all the veggies.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2370 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The tops of the letters ERI in AMERICA are missing. I used to have this problem casting lead soldiers, when the metal didn't quite fill the mould. This doesn't look like a struck coin.

The best way to get brussels sprouts down is to slice them thinly and fry them up with bacon.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
09/16/2021 6:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissyLynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say counterfeit. I have one that belonged to my brother in law. It was graded by ANACS. That color looks off.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best way to get Brussels sprouts down is a 3/4 HP garbage disposer.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peaceman1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roll them sprouts in sesame seeds for a crunch with a nice chunk of tofu to back it up after a heavy beer night... guaranteed not staying down.

Yepp, definitely counterfeit, the points everyone touched on. St the right angle you can see where cast was tooled kinda wavy like you took the belt sander a bit to long in one spot on the hardwoods. I thought this was a spark erosion made and not cast by the extra metal flakes/cuds here and there...
Guess you can get simular issue casting. In any case, to the novice this coin would pass. The weight usually says yeah I'm real.
Not.
Thanks again everyone! Have some coins sending off to be graded, set of all three mint detached olive leaf 1922 peace vams in 64/65 and few early error Lincolns.
Have a great weekend!
No Brussels! #129296;
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Horseradish is good.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 878Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05