Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Making Progress On My Peace Dollar Collection

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 737Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4379 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect toned too. See my 1884-CC post in the grading forum.
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSilverDollar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found when collecting the key dates in the series that MS64+ often has been a better value then MS65 and often the 64+ coins have a better appearance then the majority of 65's.IMO

64+ also has a much lower pop and might in resell have more interested buyers.IMO

I believe regarding the Philadelphia subset the MS66 is a better deal right now as once the mint makes it official next year of a 2022 Peace dollar those coins between 1922 through 1926 will double in price if not more while the 1927/28 will triple in price but I understand it's not possible anyone can grab those right now as you can buy four 65's for the price of one 66.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4379 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree I'd love to do MS-66 but the price point is already a bit prohibitive particularly for a full date set. I do have a few Morgans at 66.
Edited by fenton
09/17/2021 5:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 737Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05