Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942 Just Got Need Help Wheat Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 194Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
59 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  7:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pennybyj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got my 1942 and I'm trying to distinguish
Between the pictures on PCGS app for this year there are several types from 001-004 DDO I'm not sure which one I want to get it graded I bought off an auction it came with no holder I guess this is typical. I will send more pics just ask if you want the whole coin or part of it thanks

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5721 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We will need full pics of both sides to give you a grade.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60710 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post your images right-side up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3487 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This looks like a proof coin?

I don't think there are any doubled dies known for the 42 proofs, and I do not see any doubling in the photos provided.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60710 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like a proof.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/14/2021 8:20 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11973 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first thought was that the surfaces look like a proof.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
20578 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@penny, you posted this thread in the grading section but you seem to be asking about a variety. Can you please clarify what your question is for us? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pennybyj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off I'm not sure if it's DDO all I can go is by example and I apologize for being in wrong forum if you close at the example I give you you judge on the other hand if it's proof then my grading question is What can I go by to grade it or should it go to a 3rd party for grading.

Example image

My images

Phone pis all I can get
Pillar of the Community
United States
4139 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's a polished circulation strike.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17124 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any doubling.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2427 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Details circ strike.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 194Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05