Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 P Roosevelt Dime Offset/Die Crack/Doubling

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 218Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add singing to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like this little fella had a rough birth. A lot going on here- Machine Doubling, die crack, offset strike? Would appreciate you teaching me the proper terms for these errors. Hope the overload of pics is okay? Thank you.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60873 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe some MD, certainly some DDD, pretty normal-looking coin. Pic overload.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
20650 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sing, yes that is an overload of pics. Next time pls just focus on the areas of interest. Looks like your dime was struck with a tired die. That would explain at least some of the doubling, the die crack, and the striations in the fields.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
6868 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Spence and the Frog. The die crack is interesting, I wonder how long it is? Otherwise, some Machine Doubling and generally DDD.

Next time around, please only one overall photo of the obverse, and one of the reverse, and a couple close-ups of any issues you see (and tell us what you see too). If we need additional photos, we'll ask.

to the CCF!
ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
5361 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Die Deterioration, and a nice die crack.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7363 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with all of the above. A lot of DDD here. That die should have been retired before this guy was made!

Quote:
Would appreciate you teaching me the proper terms for these errors.

Go to error-ref.com and spend some quality time there. The definitions and examples will give you all you ask for. Bookmark and frequent it. Its a great online source.
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40906 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wayyyy too many photos. Looks like a minor MAD and I see the die crack. No doubled die,DDD. Worn die issue.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add singing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way too many photos! Thanks all!

@merclover, it's hard to see how long the crack is. I can maybe try to get better pics- lol, kidding.

Really enjoying CCF. Error-ref.com is a great find too- thank you much @Earle42.

Questions- how do we refer to these non-significant error coins; is there proper terminology for them as a group? Thinking about using old coin books, re-labeling books and slots to display these coins as examples for grandkids. What is your opinion of marking up and storing coins in old books?

Thanks for the welcomes :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 218Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05