Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crossing The Delaware Quarter: ATB Link?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 503Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  5:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I understand that officially, the Crossing the Delaware (CtD) quarter is not part of the ATB Quarter series. But you could make the argument that since the CtD quarter refers to a historical event of which there actually is a state park (https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/delaware/was.htm), the CtD quarter could be part of the ATB series.
You think this is a stretch or do you agree?
Edited by NumisEd
09/15/2021 5:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3528 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A better argument would be that the Crossing the Delaware quarter is a part of the America's Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008, so technically part of the program. You can also say it is still part of the overall Washington quarter series too...

It's up to you how you want to categorize it in your own collection. I personally see it as a separate, one-off series and I that's what I guess the hobby as a whole would put it as.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3552 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a 1 year type, if they ever reprint the ATB albums, it probably gets added so there is a clean separation for the Influential Women series. But it's just a guess.
-----Burton
47 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter went into my ATB Dansco album and that is where it is going to stay. I consider it part of the ATB series because it finishes off the final year, and a new series starts next year. It might be a stretch to include it here, but where else will it go? Besides, there are blank spaces in the ATB album. Easy decision.

Back in 2009 when they extended the State Quarter series by one year to include the 6 territories quarters, I bought a single page and added it to the end of the Dansco State Quarters album. Same reasoning here.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I am adding them to my ATB set, just as I added the DC & Territorial quarters to my Statehood set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding the DC & Territorial Quarters, I did notice they forgot to include a coin for the Minor Outlying Islands.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those islands are unorganized territories of the United States.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those islands are unorganized territories of the United States.

At that makes them unworthy of being honored by a coin or medal?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the placement of things on the obverse indicates it's part of the Washington quarter series, and not the state or parks quarters.

Tuskeegee Airmen is the last ATB Quarter, and it has the ATB obverse. You can put your coins however you want to though. It's your collection.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At that makes them unworthy of being honored by a coin or medal?
Per the legislation, I suppose.

Looking further I see that American Samoa is also an unorganized territory, so this may be about residents. The total population of the outlying islands hovers around 300 people, but none of them are permanent residents (temporary assignments for military or government). For comparison, American Samoa (with the smallest population of the five territories featured on the quarters) has around 46,000.

For what it is worth, the outlying islands are only grouped as such for statistical purposes. They are not administrated as a single unit like the other territories.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Midway Atoll, as part of the Minor Outlying Islands, has been featured on several war-related medals. Maybe the DC & Territorial Quarters program did not want to confuse the issue and therefore decided to not add these atolls/islands to the program.
Edited by NumisEd
09/16/2021 2:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to go buy a blank Dansco album and have it monogramed as:
Washington
Quarters
Washington Crossing the Delaware
2021-2021
Including Proofs

Then I'm going to add one single blank page and put all 4 quarters (P,D, Clad S, and Silver S in it
Edited by Dearborn
09/16/2021 4:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Midway Atoll, as part of the Minor Outlying Islands, has been featured on several war-related medals. Maybe the DC & Territorial Quarters program did not want to confuse the issue and therefore decided to not add these atolls/islands to the program.

I spent some time on Midway Island, a really cool place to go to. VERY tiny, but cool.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm going to go buy a blank Dansco album... and put all 4 quarters... in it... Ok, I'm kidding. (Or am I?)
I know you are kidding.

I hope you are kidding.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 503Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05