Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Prices For Silver Dollars/ Half Etc.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 367Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
66 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  10:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What is a good price for common circulated Morgan or Peace dollar, Walking Liberty and Mercury dimes? Not Unc

I'm curious as to what is considered a fair/good price, I don't want to over pay.

I understand depending on your region or who you know varies, but wondering ballpark prices that are fair.

Thanks
Edited by NumismaticsFTW
09/15/2021 10:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3105 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out SOLD listings on eBay under "junk silver". Obviously prices will fluctuate slightly based on spot, but just filter the most recent sold listings. Even on the junk silver/common date 90%, condition will affect value, so make sure to check listings with same/similar dates and condition.
Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nowadays I've been paying $30 To $40 for "junk" Peace dollars that are VF to BU depending on the year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4381 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$30-40 for a Morgan dollar in the range of Good ($30) to Problem AU ($40). $26 to $30 for a Peace dollar in the same conditions. Buy from bullion dealers not coin shops - you'll get a better price. Bulk buy also gets you a decent discount as does pay with cash or crypto.

Most of the spectacular gains of late have been in the BU market particularly the higher end coins so I think the culls are a pretty good value right now. I've been tearing my hair out so much to get MS-64+ Peace dollars that I'm tempted to just bulk by some BU lots at $35/coin and see what I can get. Not uncommon to see the 65's priced at $180-$220 nowadays.
Edited by fenton
09/16/2021 08:11 am
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's about the price I can get them for too. $30 for Morgans in good and $25-30 for Peace. I was collecting ms64 Morgans years ago and now when I look online and the prices have gone way up.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 367Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05