Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 American Silver Eagle With Slanted Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 253Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  1:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newby123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going to post this coin for sale when I noticed the reverse is slanted. I searched the internet trying to find some information on it. There is none. I read a post in this forum asking if a 2018 ASE is fake. I thought it may be a post with same problem. I scanned these into my computer and made sure the top edge was against the top of the screening area. Is this an error coin? Any information would be fine.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1784 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Your 2020 has a very minor rotated reverse (not slanted). No xtra value IMO.

One coin topic per post. Create separate posts for each other coin. Also, clear photos would be necessary. As an ASE collector, a nice struck through eagle might be a keeper for me depending on how severe it was. I would think little xtra value, $10 maybe, just my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mds308 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, clean pictures are a HUGE help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3319 Posts
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some like to collect mint errors, off center, rotated reverse, struck thru, double struck, clashed, etc. But if they are minor errors, say just 5% off center or rotated, small struck thru, slight double struck area, one spot of clash, they usually do not add a lot to the value. Major errors often have higher premiums. There are web sites about mint errors and books too. To get opinions about authentic or fake better pics are needed or take coins to local coin store for their opinion. They may have a metal analyzer.
Edited by livingwater
09/16/2021 7:54 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05