Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Huge Coin Collection Recently Inherited

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 614Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
431 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  9:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add doctorman1941 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
He lives in Kelowna BC. and he does not know anything about coins and wanted to take them to a dealer for one price. Where should he take them as he is coming down to NS. next week and I can pass on the information.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4020 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is a worthwhile COLLECTION as opposed to accumulated stuff , ie a hoard
Of stuff taken out of change , he needs to get a couple of firm appraisals .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3929 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The guy is coming down from Kelowna to Nova Scotia with the coins?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1483 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
something is a bit odd with your post and needs a better explanation.
WHO is he?
and why would someone transport a collection to NS when there are some dealers right in your backyard?
Most dealers are going to lowball "him" anyway. so it does really not matter where "he" goes.
Doctorman, you yourself seem to be not exactly unexperienced
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1483 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pacific
just for common interest and a your, reputable dealers input toward this issue:
would you offer a firm appraisal, spending time etc without charging a fee? "he could simply say Thank you Sir, but I will go somewhere else...
H
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3587 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
most dealer's charge for the appraisal, if they then sell to the dealer most will forgo the fee.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4020 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would absolutely do an appraisal with a fee for doing it .
I would also encourage a person with an extensive and valuable
collection to get a second opinion.
When we buy said collections , any appraisal fee is totally refunded .
Been in business far too long . Hate seeing people get beat up on
Collections by unscrupulous buyers .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Penticton is a well known dealer, and Hugh Powell Newcan Coins in Enderby I'm not sure about Kelowna
Valued Member
Canada
431 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doctorman1941 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No he is coming down for a visit and I will get more information as to dates ect but I was just telling a friend of his that if he does not take the coins to the right person he might not get what they are worth.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 614Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05