Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The "American Families Plan" And Possible Negative Effects On CRH

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 944Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2371 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Hide the money in the microwave.

I prefer the washing machine, but that's just me.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19151 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the report limit is $600, I am reasonably certain that it won't make any difference to CRH'ing.

In the Australian experience $70 million was lost to scammers in 2020. To my way of thinking, that is not tolerable. The banks couldn't care less how you manage your personal security; not their problem.
For that reason, I have ceased using credit cards, and only rarely use debit cards.

With covid-19 inducing banks to encourage the use of cards, my response is to increase the size of my cash float that I store with my coin collection in a rather secure safe.
It will also force the increase of Bitcoin transactions, for those who like to pay digitally.
Such a reaction will only make more difficult for tax authorities.
Learn More...
United States
105103 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I prefer the washing machine, but that's just me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8819 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It will also force the increase of Bitcoin transactions, for those who like to pay digitally.

BTC is too expensive for most day to day transactions (in terms of gas fees and wallet fees), Tether would be better, but I digress.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2371 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doing a little follow up here... From looking at reports, the vast majority I'm seeing are saying that they will indeed be tracking each and every individual transaction of $600 or more. I've seen a lot of talk of people pulling their money out of big banks as a consequence of this pending legislation.

And to make matters worse, they're now proposing an 8 cent a mile tax on driving. For someone who drives 12,500 miles in a year, that would be an extra $1,000.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19151 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How does the IRS catch up with those who buy/sell using Bitcoin, through a VPN?

Looks like a wide open door for scammers and drug dealers, to my way of thinking. Methinks Al Capone would never have been caught.
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ John777
Don't do that they may come after you for money laundering. Lol
Learn More...
United States
105103 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've seen a lot of talk of people pulling their money out of big banks
My local credit union has served me well over 35 years now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chipjones.ha ha ya beat me to it.good one!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
2370 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"Under the measure, the banks would report only the total inflows and outflows, but no details on individual transactions."

This is how change begins. Inflows and outflows today, every detail soon to follow. The government is a hungry beast and they need to track every transaction to be sure they get their "fair share".
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 944Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05