Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another 1865 3 Cent Nickel With Same Die Clash Raw

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 251Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:08 am Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
After looking at the last one, it would only stand to reason there might be a few of these floating arround. While not as defined as the first one, and this one is raw. What would you grade this at?

Thanks !

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My Set Registry

Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add apcol258 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10665 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
typical weakness in strike and clashes. MS63 as luster appears to be subdued but could be lighting
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61486 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63 sounds right.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3073 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not as strong as the other one you posted, also not 180 degrees rotated.

I'm on the AU-MS fence, not quite convinced it's uncirculated. AU58-MS62 for me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'm seeing what looks like very light circulation, evident on the center of the cheek and in the hair directly below the tiara and on the reverse in the center of columns 1 and 2. AU-58, and strong for the grade.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im going to pass on this one, as I cant figure out why the first one is only a 62, no eye for grading these. I did find others with the same clash not with the 180 twist. Not graded either. Seems I got a good one even at MS62. Thanks Guys !
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My Set Registry

Pillar of the Community
United States
4379 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slider. AU58 or MS63 depending on how much the grader weighs the little bit of rub.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64
Pillar of the Community
United States
8419 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62/62 range I think. Not sure if there is wear (very light) or not. This needs an in hand turn under a bright lamp.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 251Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05