Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What An Eyecatching Beauty! (1913 S Type 2 Nickel)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 744Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  2:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com/itm/294307830825

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strange! I am thinking how could the nickel get this texture. My guess is that it is a cast counterfeit.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's either corroded/cleaned or acid treated, in my eyes
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12037 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be reliable though, only has 294 negative reviews
Pillar of the Community
United States
8426 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Must be reliable though, only has 294 negative reviews
WOW!

Quote:
It's either corroded/cleaned or acid treated, in my eyes
You should never acid treat coins in your eyes or anywhere for that matter! Always were proper eye protection when working with acidic solutions.

But I do agree on the acid treated, probably after the corrosion got so bad.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
4381 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full horn too! Possibly a matte proof? :)
Edited by fenton
09/17/2021 4:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15982 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse is extremely porous . The listing won't let me enlarge the reverse but from what I can tell , looks ok . That coin is not AU-UNC .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9998 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A vinegar soak. Probably a gram light.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
5356 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first (and only) guess was Nic-a-date.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7280 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please edit your topic title to give us a clue on denomination and date. Titles are important.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3267 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$429.00, LOL. Maybe he put the decimal point in the wrong place.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
09/17/2021 9:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't want that in my collection.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ouch. This looks more like nuke-a-date than Nic-a-date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7896 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vinegar and salt soak will look just like that. It brings out the detail but the date will be very fragile.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boy, I hope no one buys this. Can you imagine how hard it would be to sell later on if selling to a dealer, or knowable collector.
Valued Member
United States
390 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
C'mon, guys! Give the seller a break. After all, shipping is FREE!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 744Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05