Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1/2 Cent 1853 XF Details

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 441Next Topic  
Valued Member
Russian Federation
376 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  04:05 am Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How much would you pay for it? I want to buy, but I don't want to overpay.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3540 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May I ask how much the are asking?
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, PCGS coinfacts lists a straight XF grade at 110.00 estimated retail so for me personally, I would only want to pay in the 50-70 dollar range at most.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$65 is reasonable
Pillar of the Community
United States
5353 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Greysheet lists an XF as $80.
I wouldn't pay more than $40.

BTW I don't see the graffiti.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends how bad the coin looks in person. If the coin has good eye appeal and no major distracting marks, I'd pay $60.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61472 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a fan.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3073 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone approaches problem coins differently. As a general rule of thumb, half the value of a straight graded example. This will also vary depending on how extreme the damage is. I would steer clear of this one only because I can't even make out the graffiti. Can't make out much from these pics and it may look far worse in hand. Personally, 9.5/10 times I steer clear of graffiti examples.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9990 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Besides the description problems on the slab, I don't find this to be an attractive coin at all. I think when it came time to sell, it would not fly off the shelf.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
7310 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
5639 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd wait for a problem-free example.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
376 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
May I ask how much the are asking?
This coin was at auction.

Sold with a price of $ 41. I did not become a winner, after hearing your opinion, I realized that I would wait for a more suitable coin of 1/2 cent
Edited by Slerk
09/20/2021 8:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea. You should wait for a coin that gets you excited. No buyer's remorse!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2537 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pass on it
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 441Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05