Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1929 Buffalo Nickel Mass Eb Auction

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 883Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:02 pm Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know I wasn't supposed to, but Mom isn't home today

Seller's pictures, it looked good to me, and he was selling a bunch of them.

They all went off higher then I wanted to bid, this was one of the last ones fell in my bid range.

What do you think ?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My Set Registry

Edited by farrider11
09/19/2021 8:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3118 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This sellers been on the no fly list for awhile for me, and I think many others here. Juiced pics and dipped coins. That said, please please post in hand pics, really curious to see what this looks like in hand. From these, UNC Details
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if I got had, I wont be the only one LOL, dude has a 100% Ebay rating.

My Set Registry

Edited by farrider11
09/19/2021 8:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61763 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Totally AT'd coin or altered images.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What does AT'd stand for?

My Set Registry

Learn More...
United States
20960 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AT'd= Artificially toned
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the explanation, well worse case they have free returns.

My Set Registry

Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen this seller often with his "fresh from roll" and "from original collection" coins. I agree dipped coins and altered images but he does a pretty good job. Most of the coins seem higher grade.

I'd say expect a AU slider for the Buffalo nickel.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well he doesn't have any complaints, so I don't imagine I'll have a hard time returning it.

I'm swearing off raw coins lol, I always get had.

My Set Registry

Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like buying raw coins as well. But I tend to buy from unexperienced sellers. Ones that don't really know what coins they have and don't need to get a certain price for it. Even blurry pictures people steer away from, but that allows me to take a chance for a good price if everything else looks right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3377 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread may be of interest to you.

http://goccf.com/t/396359

His photos are certainly juiced, and it will be interesting to see what you get. He does have 100% positive feedback, but he also has 63 revised feedbacks, which are likely negatives that have been removed by eBay. He's definitely a seller to avoid.
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  02:09 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, a poor reputation among the CCF folks. Keep us updated with in-hand pics farrider11
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10707 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i can see how a lot of folks would look at this and go wow!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked a little further into his offerings, and it seems ALL of the coings even graded PCGS and NGC have that same orange hue, so it must be the lighting he is using. Reading the thread, at least I can get my money back in halves. Ill make sure not to break the flip sealer.

My Set Registry

Edited by farrider11
09/20/2021 09:49 am
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add apcol258 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin isn't pictured in a flip in the listings so you have no obligation to return it in one. As long as it's returned in the same condition as pictured you'll be entitled to a full refund. This is just a cheap scare tactic to guilt buyers into keeping the coin. Sure he could partially refund you, but eBay would back you up every time you asked then to simply because the listing pictures would not agree with his claim.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took it into photoshop and tried to remove the false lighting, trying to see what the surface looks like, these are not much better then sellers, but you can see the surfaces a LITTLE more clearly.

My Set Registry

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 883Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05