Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1929 Buffalo Nickel Mass Eb Auction

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 981Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3444 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aside from the color, he has been known to photoshop away defects on coins as well. See this more recent thread:

http://goccf.com/t/403317

I think you'll just need to wait and see what you get. You never know, you might be really happy with it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After reading both threads, I guess the part I do not understand is why does Ebay remove the negitive feedback? Could it be the volume he does makes Ebay a ton of money so they look the other way?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My Set Registry

Pillar of the Community
United States
3241 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post some photos when you get it in hand. The coin would need to grade MS66 for you to break even or make a little money. If it grades 64 or less, you will be buried in the coin. it is amazing the money the seller gets for his juiced photos.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is out for delivery today, so crossing my fingers. He who does not expect is never dissapointed :)

My Set Registry

Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im not taking this out of the flip unless someone thinks it's even close to MS, Its on the line for me.

Im thinking just send it back.

My Set Registry

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62655 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a rip. I hope you do send it back.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put it under the DM and there are red marks under the Y and some in the hair, it's going back, I started the return, it gave me a label and said return by 10/7 for a full refund. I hope thats it. Anothor satisfied Coin Canyon Customer.

Lesson learned.

My Set Registry

Edited by farrider11
09/23/2021 6:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, that's Canyon City for you! Let's hope karma catches up to them one day. In the meantime, they sure are making a killing ripping people off with their juiced pics and "fresh from a OBW" antics. How a single person can receive one of their coins and say it looks just as good as the pics is beyond me. Curious how many returns they have under their belt.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1710 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a sad Buffalo nickel that is.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think its a numbers game. They take the returns they get avoiding the feedback hit.

And with those kinds of numbers there selling, its a win win.

There only out postage, rinse and repeat till someone keeps it.

My Set Registry

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh it's definitely a numbers game. Would be nice if eBay also listed the number of returns, though I'm sure that would kill too much business for them . Live and learn
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  04:11 am  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OMG, I am on a business trip and happened to be up late. This guy at 0230 hours (2:30 AM) tries to sneak a partial refund saying I opened the flip, and used the same exceuse in the other threads for this seller. "The coin slid around" scratching it.

I put in a complaint with Ebay, see if they rectify the situation.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY !!!!!!

I left negative feed back and it for the time being is showing on his profile.

I dinged his 100% profile anyways.

EDIT

47 min later in the dark of night, Ebay returns the other half of the return and removes my negitive feed back.

Some serious sanctioned racketeering going on.

But I suppose they can justify removing the feedback if you get a full refund.

While I am happy to get the full refund, I am dissapointed with Ebay's feedback policy.

It allows this person to get away unscathed suffering only return postage.

My Set Registry

Edited by farrider11
09/30/2021 05:09 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
8339 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully someone benefits from our experiences. At least you got your money back which is a better outcome than most. I wonder how long ebay is going to continue to pony up cash for this scam company.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, I'm sure there have been hundreds, if not into the thousands of returns for this guy, each one attached to a negative feedback removed by eBay. Look at review platforms, Amazon, google, etc. sure some feedback is pulled from time to time, but the majority is left, negative or positive. Why shouldn't a buyer be able to list why they retuned an item to help inform future potential buyers? Greed and reputation are the only two logical explanations. Doing research and steering clear of these sellers is all we can do. Sadly thet won't be enough to kill business for these guys. Karma and Darwinism no longer seem to exist.

Rant over
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 981Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: