Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I See MD And Something Else?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 171Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  8:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First of all again I apologize for the photo of my microscope screen, one I get my laptop up and running it will change.

This is the 1945 nickel I posted, after looking through my scope I'd say AU is not a stretch. At first I though just MD or what ever a morter set is (coins and Canada) but the N seems to have a split serif. I wanted a second opinion because I doubt I'd find a doubled die on a coin like this from circulation but who knows. You can look at the full photos of the coin in my 1945 nickel thread for grading, what do you guys think? If you want a closer shot of the N let me know.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8578 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rust is forming beneath the plating.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@DBM, did you look at the full image shots?, This is nickel plated steel so that's a possibly but the coin all over looks like nice condition and to split the serif on the N but nothing else. Why do you think it's rust?
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 171Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05