Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Know This Ebay Seller In Uk?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 312Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5065 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  9:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
While looking at some medievals, I came a cross some listings by this seller that have me a bit leery. Feedback is high, but ...
Anyone have an opinion or experience?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/vallface/m.html
Pillar of the Community
Australia
848 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like the seller is genuine. Zero negative feedback and only 2 neutrals, one for a lost item which was refunded and another by someone who unfortunately is allowed to vote. I'd buy from them if price was right.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5065 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be curious to get an opinion on the authenticity of his ancient and medieval silver (maybe I should have posted on the Ancients subforum).

I have identified two fake medievals currently up for sale, and I wonder if there are more.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
85 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnConduitt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like the look of the Saxon or Celtic coins. If you look up Series X type 31 Insular Style (Wodan head), you won't find a coin looking like that, or at that size and weight. Except on other eBay listings, of course.

Many of the coins aren't even identified properly, which is strange if you're selling coins that could be worth 100s.

I don't know much about Greek coins but the Aegina turtles don't look right.

The prices for all of these are way too low.

As I understand it, you can get all complaints about fakes removed from eBay if you refund the buyers who notice.
Edited by JohnConduitt
09/21/2021 7:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5065 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Confirms my suspicions.

I was scanning eBay for Brabant medievals, and two of his coins showed up, clearly fake.

When I looked at his other stuff, it seemed a lot of the small silver types had the same look.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
848 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

As I understand it, you can get all complaints about fakes removed from eBay if you refund the buyers who notice.

Serious? That makes a mockery of the feedback system and allows dodgey sellers to continue selling fakes with excellent feedback. In a way I'm not surprised though.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05