Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 Lincoln Cent Looks Like One Of The Doubled Dies Maybe WDDR-002?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 475Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  07:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It could just be a linear plating bubble but it is right where I see most of the doubled dies for this year. Do I need to post photos of the test of the coin close up?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually this looks like one of the WDDR-30-40 any ideas, I'll look for markers when I get home, as far as I can tell this is one if the doubled dies but there is so many for this year. Do these modern doubled dies even gave a premium? There is so many. I imagine if it's not one of the best ones it wouldn't be worth much if anything? I'll wait for some experts to chime in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2526 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly a DDR, but there are so many of these that you would have to match die markers to be certain.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll do that today, I knew I would find one eventually once I got my scope, even If DDRs are coming for this year it's my first ever woot. I was half expecting someone to be like linear plating bubble that just happens to be where many if the doubled dies occur. Thanks @CoinCollector2000. Is there any value to these more common doubled dies?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So as far as I can tell these modern doubled dies are only worth a few dollars extra if that and greatly depends on the shape of the coin, I'm not sure if all the dark spots water marks or what ever they are would come off so I'm not sure if this is really worth anything premium wise but happy to have finally found one.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53931 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorting bar cents is something you have to consider before deciding on a die number:

Location and width/length of the bar. Knowing what to look for and even make side by sides to see if they are a match?

CoopHome: What can help me to match up bar cents to be sure they are the correct number?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/20/2021 12:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coop, I'll have to check the listings and compare it to mine, it seems like a lot of work to figure it out with these doubled dies. I might just lable it doubled die for now and put it aside. These aren't worth much if any premium either unfortunately but I'll have to figure it out eventually. maybe I'll try and figure this one out, I'm just happy that I found one finally.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53931 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save the info for this thread. These images will help you remember how to tell slight differences on the hub doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do, thanks coop, luckily it seems my scope captures images at the same distance as the images on wexlers doubled dies, so I think matching the mar position, length and width should not be to difficult. It's the idea of matching die markers that sounds annoying to me lol, is it necessary to match up die markers?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coop would you say this is a medium or strong bar? And are stronger bars more rare?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it looks like small to medium (more medium size bar) from hand to calves, there is about 10-15 listings for this year that look like that but most of them are not as straight as this. This will be thought to label, and I'm still not sure if with these double dies it's worth time to label exactly if I'm not going to sell it. Maybe I'll try and find several and then spend a day fully labeling them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going with WDDR-016. But this is so hard to tell.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53931 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would call it medium. Coppercoins used a standard, anything less than the arm was considered too minor. So strength will vary. The ones involving other areas of the design are more interesting.
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like I have gone through every doubled die listing for this year and there are some close but I can't pick any exact one as a match(I'm just jumping from one page to another on my phone between photos and internet) but nothing looks exact for a bar match. I took a closer photo but it's not helping much

There is 3-4 that look really close but they don't seem to match exactly with this coin.

Edit: on a side my fiance moved the coin earlier today and I can see her fingerprint is on the coin now-_-
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/20/2021 11:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found another one of these DDR 2006, look like almost the exact same double die as well, won't bother with pictures at the moment, I still have not confirmed this DDR listing so I'll put them together at some point to find the DDR listing.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53931 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes they are not listed yet. I have 5 rolls that a couple years back, I've still not listed yet. I've been busy helping others.

Added
Did you check WDDR-016?
http://doubleddie.com/731934.html
It maybe a later die state?
Richard S. Cooper

Edited by coop
09/23/2021 8:56 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 475Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05