Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Washington Crossing The Delaware US Mint Product Options

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 285Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1550 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Excuse me if this has been asked before and I missed it.

I really like the Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter.

Am I correct that besides it being a P/D circulating coin, the only options to get them from the mint are:

Proof Set 2021
Silver Proof Set 2021
Uncirculated Coin Set 2021
Limited Edition 2021 Silver Proof Set - American Eagle Collection

Which then means, if I want a proof one, I need either need to buy the proof set or find someone who is breaking up a proof set.

Correct?
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
United States
1564 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
correct. you aren't going to get the proof coins without the proof sets from the mint, you would need to look on the secondary market for someone just selling the single proofs.

they aren't doing bags or rolls, or S mint uncirculated, or the ATB Quarter proof set by itself, that ended with the ATB Quarters.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
09/20/2021 10:58 am
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks correct to me.

Shame they are not doing the other options they had for the ATB though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1576 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would have been convenient if the Mint had offered a two-coin proof silver set containing the Tuskegee quarter and the Crossing-the-Delaware quarter.
Then again, the Mint would have probably charged an arm-and-a-leg for it...
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Would have been convenient if the Mint had offered a two-coin proof silver set containing the Tuskegee quarter and the Crossing-the-Delaware quarter.

Quote:
Then again, the Mint would have probably charged an arm-and-a-leg for it...
It would have been the same price as the five coin set.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1550 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone, just wanted to make sure that I understood the options for the coin.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
United States
1326 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

The Mint already has the two-coin lenses for the quarters in the full proof sets, so it boggles my mind that they didn't release separate quarter proof sets like did every year from 1999-2020 (and 2004-2020 for the silver proofs).

To finish my ATB set, I had to resort to eBay for the clad and silver proof Tuskegee quarters.
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it boggles my mind that they didn't release separate quarter proof sets like did every year
Yes, especially when they had no problem doing a smaller set the last year for the Presidential dollars. Maybe going from 5 to 2 was not as feasible going from 4 to 3.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05