Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Two Dollar Bills

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 223Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  7:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dustrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been starting to get into looking at money and was telling my mom about it. She told me she had all kinds of things and I went through all of her 2$ bills and found the following. The star notes are in the 640k print range but the one is a very low number and wonder what an avg price that could be worth. I have a lot more stuff to go through but wanted to get this posted for some knowledge. Thanks in advance for any information.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61659 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm afraid none of these carries much of a premium in these conditions.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
09/19/2021 7:31 pm
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your reply was split into its own topic for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12037 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your low number is not considered a low number to a collector.
You need to have at least five zeros at the start. If the nine had been a
zero, then you would have had a really low number.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3381 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.
The above comments are all correct and I consider all of them keepers despite the fact that they've all seen circulation. Get them into currency sleeves to protect them and keep looking.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1432 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  09:14 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.

Your mom has keen eyes. The top one looks to be from 1953 so nearly 70 years old. The bottom 2 look to be from 1976 and are 'star replacements.' They are usually more collectible than regular (non-star) serial numbers.

I agree with 'SteveinTampa,' in that they're 'keepers' & you should put them in currency sleeves. Also keep in them in a dry/safe place. Great start to a nice currency collection IMO.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 223Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05